Task Notifications can be sent when Tasks are completed and when Comments are added to Tasks.
For a video walkthrough that includes this feature, refer to Managing Tasks Tutorial (6 min).
This article contains the following sections:
Notifications on Completed Tasks
When the Status of a task is marked as Complete, as well as updating the task in FYI, a Notification is sent to notify the delegator. The Notification of a completed task includes the name of the Assignee who completed the task.
If you wish to receive email notifications, you can configure your settings.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select My Settings from the drop-down.
- Go to the Profile tab.
- In Notification Mode, select Email.
Go to Settings - My Settings - Profile to specify your notification mode as “Email”
Notifications on Comments on Tasks
Users referenced in a Comment on a Task will also receive notifications via email or via their Home - Notifications, depending on their preferences.
In your Home - Notifications:
- If you have been mentioned in a Comment, click on the first line in the Notification ("mentioned you in a document", "mentioned you in a job", "mentioned you in a task") to display the Task, or the Comment on a document.
- If you have been assigned a Task, click on the first line in the Notification ("assigned you a task") to display the Task.
Where there is a long message in the Notifications, the first line is displayed with three dots (...).