FYI holds information related to an email, document, task, job, or client interaction (such as a meeting, phone call, or file note) in the Drawer.
The Drawer displays on the right-hand side of the screen whenever you select an email, document or job in a list. Refer to Displaying the Drawer in FYI, Outlook and Office.
It also displays whenever you create new emails, documents, tasks, or client interactions in FYI. Refer to Using the + button to Create.
Watch our 3-minute introduction to Using the Drawer:
Using the Drawer for Emails and Documents
The information available from the Drawer will depend on the type of document, email or interaction.
This is where you can:
- Change the Name of an email, document or interaction
- Update Filing information
- View or add Tasks
- Display recent Activity
- Access Recent Documents created for the client
- Preview an email or document
- Add Comments for your team
- Initiate, view or change a Workflow
- View or add Time information
- Mark an email or document as Starred for easy access (Starred functions are available for practices on the Intermediate and Pro plan).
For emails, you can also:
- View the Thread related to the email or attachment
- Display email addresses for People associated with the email
- Display any attachments for the email
Refer to Using the Email Drawer.
And for documents you can:
- Display and access previous Versions of the document
Refer to Using the Document Drawer.
Using the Task Drawer
The Drawer is used to Create or Update a task.
It is also where you can:
- Display and update details such as Task Name, Assignee, Due Date, Status and more.
- Preview the email or document the task was created for.
- Add Comments for your team.
Refer to Using the Task Drawer.
Using the Job Drawer
The Drawer holds information related to Jobs. This is where you can:
- Display and update Job Details
- Display and access Recent Documents for the job
- Display XPM Tasks and XPM Milestones from Xero Practice Manager
- View or add Tasks related to the Job
- View Activity for the Job
Refer to Using the Job Drawer.