The Apps, Processes and Process History tabs relate to Automations for the client.
The Apps tab shows any third parties with which the client is integrated. You use this tab to connect a client to Xero. Refer to Connecting Xero Ledger for each Client in Automation - Apps and Connecting the FYI Client to a Xero Ledger in Client - Apps in Client Ledger Reports AutoFile.
The Processes tab displays any Automation and Custom Processes that have been set up for your practice that are scheduled to run manually and can be run for a selected client. If you need to run one of these for the selected client you can do so by clicking the Run button from the Processes tab. Refer to Running Custom Processes.
Client Process History
The Process History tab is an automatic log of any Automations or Custom Processes that have run for the client. This shows the status as "Success", "Error" or "In Progress".
Any errors will show the Status as "Error", in red.
- In the Process History list, if you have permission to access Automation Processes, click the Process Name to open the Process.
- Click the Status next to an entry in the Process History to open the Process History drawer for the process. This shows the details of the process. This also shows the details of any errors. It includes the date and time that a step completed which is useful to check if you have a Delay step in a process.
- In the Process Activity drawer, if the process has created for example a document or task, you can click the link to open what was created by the automation.
- When an entry with a Status of "Success" is selected in the Process History, the Run again and Activity Link button are enabled.
- Activity Link can be used to copy a link to the Process History entry, for example, to send for support purposes.
- Run again will re-run the whole process from the beginning. Where the process was run, for example for a specific client, this will rerun it for that client.
- When an entry with a Status of "Error" is selected in the Process History, the Retry and Activity Link button are enabled. If the process has more than one step, it also displays the Run again button. Activity Link and Run again can be used as above.
- Retry will re-run the failed step(s) and any steps that previously succeeded are not executed a second time
Refer also to Automation Process History.