As soon as FYI is deployed, it starts to monitor your Inbox and Sent items in Outlook looking for emails that match a client email address in Xero Practice Manager. Any client emails received or sent are automatically imported and filed in FYI for you using pre-defined filing rules.
Your FYI administrator can set up how you want to use the auto-filing processes in your practice.
Filing defaults can be set at the practice level, for clients and/or for individual users.
When an email or document is auto-filed, the Activity section in the drawer includes details of this and shows how any default filing settings were applied. In the following example, the Activity section shows that the email was sent to the In Tray (using the Practice Settings of AutoFile and In Tray Review) and then filed using the Filing defaults set for the user and the name of that user.
Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions
Your Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions are managed by your FYI Administrator.
They control how the automatic filing of email from Outlook is managed.
- Internal Emails can be excluded from auto-filing
- Replies to an Email Thread can be automatically filed and threaded within FYI to avoid cluttering your client file.
- Non-client Emails can be excluded from auto-filing
- Attachments can be auto-filed as separate documents within FYI
- In Tray Review can be turned ON to allow each user to review auto-filed emails before they are filed practice-wide. This review can be done via your Outlook inbox or the FYI Dashboard - In Tray.
- Exclusions allow your practice to block emails that are sent from specific email addresses or domains from being filed automatically.
Refer to Email AutoFIle Settings and Exclusions.
Setting Filing Defaults for a Client
FYI allows you to set filing defaults for each client. This can be used to set default cabinet and categories, a default job and how attachments are sent to a client.
Filing defaults can be set in the following ways:
- From the Client workspace in the Clients - Detail.
This is where you can set a default Cabinet and Categories, set a default Job for a Cabinet and set a default way in which attachments are sent to a Client. Where a client is part of a group, you can nominate which client to Include in AutoFile.
Refer to Setting Filing Defaults for a Client.
- From Outlook, by using the Save as Client Default link in the FYI Drawer.
Setting Defaults for Your Own Login
Each user can also set Email AutoFile preferences and adjust other settings for their own login via their Profile settings.
- When AutoFile Email Attachments is set to ‘On” attachments will be auto-filed as separate documents in FYI. This setting is only available to individual users if it is turned “On” at a practice level by your Administrator.
- You can open Outlook from FYI via your browser or desktop. The Practice Default for Open Outlook Using is set by your Administrator
- AutoFile Mode can be set as “Practice Default”, “In Tray Review” or “AutoFile”. When emails in Outlook are auto-filed, FYI uses the setting for your practice to determine whether emails are added to a user’s In Tray for review before they are shared with the entire practice. You can override this practice setting by setting your individual profile setting to “In Tray Review”. This is useful if you prefer to always first review your emails from your In Tray before making them available practice wide.
For more information on these and other profile settings, refer to Setting Defaults and AutoFile Defaults for your Own Login.