As well as the System Processes that are shipped with FYI, you can set up Custom Processes specifically for the needs of your practice. Every practice has repetitive processes that can be automated with FYI's custom processes.
Examples of Processes that you might want to run for your clients are:
- Sending monthly or quarterly management reporting to clients that you service with regular frequency.
- Sending bulk email communication to clients. Email content can be standardised across all clients or set up with filters that use Custom Fields held for individual clients.
For information on setting up, testing and running a Custom Process, refer to Setting up and Running Custom Processes.
Running Scheduled or Manual Custom Processes
Custom Processes can be set up as Scheduled, to run on a regular basis, or Manual so they can be run as and when required.
- A Manual Custom Process can be run from the Automation Dashboard by opening the Custom Process in the Automation Dashboard and clicking Run. It depends on how the Process is defined, but this would commonly run for more than one client. Refer to Setting up and Running Custom Processes.
- A Manual Custom Process can be run for a selected client from the Clients - Processes tab.
Using the Client - Process Tab
The Client - Processes tab displays any Automation and Custom Processes that have been set up for your practice that are scheduled to run manually and that can be run for a selected client.
To run one of these for the selected client:
- Clicking the Run button next to the relevant Process on the Client - Processes tab.
A prompt displays for you to select the Job that any emails or documents created by the process will be filed under, or to run the process as defined.
- Click Run.
The process runs for the relevant client.
Using Custom Fields in Processes
Custom Fields can be used to segment the client database (refer to Client Detail) and as filters in the Automation Custom Processes.
For example, if your practice performs a monthly or a quarterly bookkeeping service for some clients, in a "Service" Custom Field, these clients could have either "Bookkeeping - Monthly" or "Bookkeeping - Quarterly". You can then set up a Custom Process that sends out a monthly or quarterly checklist to relevant clients with a filter of the relevant Custom Field.