- When attachments have been added to an email saved as Draft in FYI, the attachments can be opened from the Attachment section by clicking the Open icon. This is useful where the Draft in FYI email is sent for approval. Clicking Open, opens the email or document in a new tab in your browser and displays it in the Preview pane. From the Preview you can make changes to the document and this updates what is sent as the attachment. Refer to Adding Attachments to an Email in FYI and Using the Workflow for Approval - Examples.
- In Automation Processes, archived processes are hidden by default. To show these, click the Archived button. Refer to Automation Processes.
- When an FYI administrator sends an invitation email to new users, the wording in the email has been updated. Refer to Inviting New Users to Start Using FYI.
- When using Bulk Update, in the Selected Documents, you can scroll up and down in the list to see them. This ensures the Save and Cancel buttons are easily accessible when a lot of documents are selected. Refer to Bulk Update or Bulk Updating of Filing Details.
- Right-click and the vertical ellipsis icon to display tools as a pop-up menu is now also available in Tasks and Jobs list. Refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar.
- Addition of the Time section in the drawer of emails and documents. You can add Time that relates to an email or document in the Time section in the drawer. Where any Time has already been recorded for the email, this displays. This is useful to check if you have already entered the time details for that email/document. Refer to Time Sheets.
- Search in Automations Dashboard now searches through all processes, not only the pre-installed processes.
- Corrected the names of imported BAS return in Tax Returns Automation process.
- Corrected error when editing a document with a very long in Office desktop.
- When sending a PDF to a client for signing with Adobe Sign, if the client has more than one contact email, you can select one of these to additionally send the request for signature to. Select the email from the drop-down list. You can also create one or more additional email addresses by typing the address in the Email field and click the Create link. Refer to Digital Signatures using Adobe Sign.
- In the Jobs list, the icon has changed for the Hide Closed and Primary Only buttons and now show the icon only without the caption. Refer to Using the Jobs List.
- In the Clients list, the icon has changed for the Archived button and now shows the icon only without the caption. Refer to Clients List.
- Can no longer unlink the first email in a thread.
- If a Job state is removed in Xero Practice Manager, you can set the FYI Type to "Archived" so it is not included in any filters. Refer to Job States.
- Where a Task has been attached to a Client, in the Update Task drawer you can re-display the Client, by clicking the Open Client icon. Refer to Updating and Actioning Tasks from the Drawer.
- Task Link added to Tasks list Clients - Tasks. This creates a hyperlink to the selected task. The Task Link is copied to your clipboard and can be pasted outside of FYI. A Task Link can be used in emails to other internal users, as a reference to the task. When a user is directed to a document via a Task Link, this opens the Tasks list with the relevant task selected and the drawer open. Refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar.
- In the Clients list, you can select more than one Partner or Manager by selecting each in turn from the drop-down lists. The selected Partner(s) and/or Manager(s) can be saved as filters if the view is saved. Refer to Clients List.
- Using Reply all to an email that has one or more non-client emails in the from/to fields now shows the email addresses correctly.
- Users' Role and ‘CC’ email addresses are now supported in an Adobe Sign request.
- Preview on documents no longer opening a new tab of the document.
- When internal emails are auto-filed, they are now filed as “Internal” and not as “Non Client” emails.
- A user with access to Administer Automations can now access functions from the Automation - Apps as well as Automation - Processes.
- When a document is sent for signing via Adobe Sign, the workflow Status of the document is set to "Pending Client Signature" even where the user has an approval level of "None".
- Changes made to staff members' email address in Xero Practice Manager now sync into FYI.
- When there are more than 15 Job States, these all display in the filter.
- Xero Practice Manager Contact details come into FYI and are used in the AutoFile as the filing suggestions or for auto-filing to the relevant client.
- When an email is part of a thread, you cannot change its filing details if it is one of the underlying conversations. If the email is not the most recent in the thread, the Filing section in the drawer is hidden. If you need to change the filing details (such as Cabinet, Category, Jobs, Tags, Keywords) you need to first unlink it from the thread, Refer to Managing Email Threads.
- When using Convert to convert a Word document to PDF, this no longer creates a thread with the original Word document threaded under the converted PDF.
- Sharing a document from FYI via OneDrive now creates an active link.
- Corrected error where standard users did not have access to all their relevant Cabinets.
- When filtering for document that do not have a Cabinet selected, setting the filter to "None" now works correctly.
- If an email is autofiled to a Cabinet that the user does not have access to, this now shows the message "You do not have access" instead of a blank drawer.
- When creating an email in FYI as Draft in FYI, and you have an Email Signature set up for your practice that includes Merged Fields, or if you have selected a Template that contains certain Merge Fields, a message displays as information that will be merged into the email when it is sent, or if the email is saved as Draft in Outlook. The Merge Fields are only applied when the final sender of the email has been determined and these do not display when editing the email in FYI. Refer to Creating an Email in FYI.
- When you hover over an email or document in a list, a vertical ellipsis icon displays that you can click to access the tools from the right-click menu. Refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar.
- When an email or document is auto-filed, the Activity section in the drawer includes details of this and shows how any default filing settings were applied. Refer to Introduction to Email AutoFile.
- When Excel spreadsheets with an extension of .xlsm are downloaded from a template, the file extension no longer changes to .xlsx.
- Restriction of 3MB file total limit for the size of the file(s) that can be attached be attached to an email has been increase to 15MB for all users, not just FYI administrators.
- Acceptances of invites from the calendar are no longer auto-filed and do not show in the In Tray. Only calendar entries in the past are brought in and added to FYI as Meetings.
- Share option from right-click menu now works correctly.
- A user who is not an FYI administrator, but has been given access to Administer Automation, can now see fully access Automation functions.
- In Automation Processes, the Last Run shows the date the process was last run. It includes a green tick or a red x icon to indicate if the process ran as a success or with an error. The View history link has been included which displays the Process History tab filtered to show the history of the specific process, Refer to Automation Processes and Automation Process History.
- When displaying a Task from the Job drawer, you can re-display the Job by by clicking the Open Job icon in the Update Task drawer. Refer to Displaying Tasks by Job and Updating and Actioning Tasks from the Drawer.
- Quick Access option (the down arrow next to the menu options Clients, Jobs, Tasks and Documents):
- This is now also available for Tasks.
- When using the Quick Access (the down arrow next to the menu options Clients, Jobs, Tasks and Documents) this now gives access to the 10 last used Views for that option and the 5 last used Clients, Jobs, Tasks or Documents, as relevant. Refer to Quick Access to Views, Clients, Documents, Jobs, Tasks and Automation.
- When setting up the FYI connection to external applications such as Zapier, The Gap, ATO Smart Docs, BAW, FuseDocs, you can optionally select the Cabinet and Categories that will be used by the AutoFile as default if these have not been set up for the client. Refer to Import from Zapier,
- If you have assigned a task to yourself, these are not included in your Dashboard - Delegated Tasks. They display in your Dashboard - My Tasks. Refer to Displaying Tasks from your Dashboard.
- When using Co-edit, if a user does not have access to the relevant folder in the shared OneDrive, they will see a message "Sorry you don't have access".
- In the Dashboard - My Tasks and Delegated Tasks, you can use the Group or Ungroup buttons to change how the lists display. When displayed as groups, the tasks display by their due date in three groups - Past Due, due Today and Upcoming. When ungrouped, the tasks display in descending due date. Refer to Displaying Tasks from your Dashboard.
- When adding a Comment, you can make the area larger where you enter your Comment, so you can enter more text. Drag the bottom left-hand corner of the Comment area down to expand and drag it up to restore to the original size. Refer to Adding Comments and Notifying Team Members.
- Where an FYI user has their email address assigned to a client in Xero Practice Manager, and there are no default filing settings for the Client in FYI, the default filing settings for the user are now applied.
- When logging in as an email alias, clicking Settings in the top right-hand corner, now displays the email address the user logged in as, not the Xero Practice Manager email address. Refer to Email Alias in Managing Users.
- When setting up filing structure that FYI automatically uses for all documents that are in Co-edit, you must have Cabinet as the top level in your filing structure for Co-edit. You can then apply the same security that you have for your Cabinets in FYI to your OneDrive. This ensures that users can only access documents directly from the practice's OneDrive if they have access to that folder. The structure is set up in the Collaborate Automation process. Refer to Preparation for Co-Edit and Security and Map your Collaborate Filing Structure.
- As well as marking an existing document for Co-edit, you can now mark that a document is for Co-edit when it is initially created. In the Create New drawer, for Word, Spreadsheet or Presentation, from the Opening Method after Creating field, select Co-edit. The document will be created and be available for more than one user to work on at the same time. Refer to Co-editing a Document.
- A check is made that both the preparation steps for Co-edit have been completed before the Co-edit function is available to users. Refer to Preparation for Co-Edit and Security.
- The Convert function creates a PDF copy of a Word document. Refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar and Managing Email Threads.
- The PDF is added as a new document.
- The filing details for the PDF copy are set as default as the same filing details as the Word document that it is a copy of.
- The Word document is added as a thread to the PDF.
- A new default view added to the Documents list, "Workflow - Pend. Approval" for documents with the Workflow Status set to "Pending Approval". Refer to Document Lists and Workflow.
A Tag can only be deleted and removed from all documents by an FYI administrator. A message displays as a reminder and confirmation that this removes the Tag from all document. Refer to Tags and Keywords.
- A document with a Client (for example, in Polices & Procedures in Knowledge, can now be put into Co-edit.
- Both FYI administrators and the original Co-editor of a document will now see the Finish Co-editing button.
- When adding a Job in Xero Practice Manager with a Category, this is now synced correctly.
- Excel documents can no longer be filed from outside FYI without a client selected.
- Right Mouse Click Tool Bar
You can right-click over a document in a list to display the Tool Bar functions as a pop-up menu. This is useful if you have scrolled down and are working on a document that is at the bottom of the list so the Tool bar is not visible. As the pop-up tool bar menu is only applicable for a single document, this does not display if more than one document is checkmarked. Refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar.
- You cannot remove a User Group if it is still assigned to any users. Refer to Managing User Groups.
- When selecting document in FYI to send as attachments in an email, the Send button has been renamed Share. Refer to Creating an Email by Selecting Attachments in FYI.
- When inserting a signature from the FYI Drawer when editing a Word document via the Desktop, the Request Signature button has been removed as this is no longer used. Refer to Inserting a Signature into a document.
- When marking a document as delivered, and long notes have been added, this now displays correctly. Refer to Mail Register - Updating the Document Delivery Status as Sent or Received.
- On the Client Workspace and using Reset View on a document list, this no longer removes the selections for client/group or jobs.
- Date and time now correctly show the latest modified date/time for the Current version of a document in the Version section of the drawer.
- If there is an error with a Merge Field in an Email Template or Signature (such as the an invalid formatting of the Merge Field) an error message displays when creating an email with the Template or Signature.
- Error message is displayed if there is an error creating a OneDrive link.
- When selecting "I am finished editing" in the drawer in the Office Online, the drawer closes the and the Edit button is now hidden.
- In Office Online with a document that is is Co-edit, clicking the "Finish Co-editing" now works correctly.
- Export option is no longer available for a Draft in FYI email.
- BGL document link now correctly shows BGL.