If at any time you need to re-delegate unfiled emails and documents in your In Tray, you can Share your In Tray with one or more users. This can use useful, for example, if you are going to be away and you need someone else to check and file or delete documents in your In Tray for you, or if you have an assistant who is helping you file the emails and documents for you.
- Any new emails or documents will be shared with the user(s) from the time you make the delegation.
- Once another user files an email or document in your shared In Tray, it will be removed from your In Tray.
- You can remove the delegation at any time and any new emails/documents that are sent to your In Tray will no longer be shared with that user.
- If you have shared your In Tray, you can use the Filter by Owner button in the In Tray to select which documents to display.
- Ensure that you share your In Tray with a user who has Autofile mode set as the same method that you have and that the user has the same access as you.
Note: If you have a practice-wide email account which multiple people edit and reply from, you can set up this email in FYI and use the Share to share that In Tray with all other users who need access to it. Refer to Practice-wide Shared Email Account.
For a video walkthrough of this feature, refer to Sharing your In Tray.
You share your In Tray as follows:
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select My settings from the drop-down.
- Go to the Share tab.
- Click the Share with user link.
The Add/Remove Users pop-up displays.
- Click the - (minus) icon next to the user(s) you want to share your In Tray with to display the green tick icon next to the relevant user(s) and click OK.
The selected user displays.
Accessing a Shared In Tray
When someone has shared their In Tray with you, use the Filter by Owner button in your own In Tray to select which documents to display.
- Go to your In Tray.
- Click Filter by owner.
- Add/Remove User displays. The example below is where two people have shared their In Tray with you. Select the name(s) of the user(s) on which to filter the emails and documents in your In Tray.