Two automations are activated for you in FYI at the start of your trial. These are the automations Xero Practice Manager Sync and Email AutoFile. They control the syncing of information from your Xero Practice Manager and from users' Outlook emails.
Xero Practice Manager Sync
From the moment you set up your FYI account, your Clients, Client Groups, Jobs and Team are instantly imported from Xero Practice Manager and continuously synchronised with FYI.
Any change to this data in Xero Practice Manager is reflected in FYI. This ensures that Xero Practice Manager continues to be your single source of truth for client information.
You don’t have to maintain data in multiple locations and can use data from XPM in email and document templates with merge fields.
FYI’s automatic synchronisation with Xero Practice Manager runs as follows:
- Clients are synchronised with XPM every 15 minutes.
- Users, Job and Tax Returns (if enabled) are synchronised overnight every 24 hours.
- Changes to Job States in FYI and Time entered in FYI are synchronised to Xero Practice Manager immediately.
- Time entries created in FYI and set with the Status as "Submit", are synchronised to Xero Practice Manager immediately.
If needed, any user can use the Sync button in the Clients and Jobs Lists to manually sync Clients or Jobs. Alternatively, a manual sync can be performed by an FYI administrator.
When FYI is first deployed, your Email AutoFile setting defaults to "On". FYI starts to monitor your inbox and sent items in Outlook, looking for emails that match a client email address in Xero Practice Manager.
Your In Tray Review setting also defaults to "On". Any client emails received or sent are automatically imported from Outlook and "Draft Filed" in your FYI Dashboard - In Tray, ready for you to file them.
As each email or document is filed in FYI, it will be included in the overall practice document list and shared with the entire practice. Any emails that should not be made available for the entire practice, can be deleted from your In Tray.
Note: You can file an email directly from Outlook using the FYI Add-in. If you file an email directly from Outlook, you do not need to file it from your in-tray.
For more information, refer to the section Email Management.
Settings for Cabinets and Categories
FYI comes shipped with a pre-defined filing structure to get you started, including the following:
The FYI installation adds the following Cabinets:
Final Reports & Returns
Policies & Procedures
The FYI installation adds a filing Category of Year.
Cabinets and Categories can be set up and configured by your FYI administrator. If needed, security can be set so that only certain users can access information in specific Cabinets. Refer to Filing to Cabinets and Categories.
The FYI installation sets up all users to initially have the following Cabinet and Category that are used as the default when filing emails and documents.
- Cabinet is set as Correspondence
- Category Year is set as 2021
The default Cabinet and Category can be set for clients and/or for individual users. For more information, refer to Introduction to Email AutoFile.
There are additional automations that can be activated from the Automations dashboard by your FYI administrator. These include:
- Calendar Entry AutoFile - any calendar entries made in the last 24 hours are instantly imported from Outlook and auto-filed in FYI.
- Tax Return Auto-File - import tax returns from Xero Tax daily, auto-filing a link in FYI.
- Tax Assessments Auto-File - daily import tax assessments from the ATO, with automatic cross-check with Xero Tax, filing and generation of client email correspondence.
- Client Ledger Reports AutoFile - run a batch import of client ledger reports from Xero Ledger and automatically file them in FYI.
- Automatic Document Import - automatically capture and file source documents from third parties such as BGL, NowInfinity, DocuSign, Adobe Sign or Annature. You can also use Zapier to import documents from other platforms such as OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Practice Ignition etc.
- Custom Processes - create your own automations for any repetitive task across client service, marketing, practice admin, HR and more.
Refer to the section Automations for Admins.