The Client - Security tab allows you to limit complete access to that client to one or more specific users.
When Client Security is enabled for a client:
- Only FYI administrators and the users who have been given access to the client will see any information about the client.
- Any other users will not see the client in the Clients List or in any other lists, and it will not show in any searches.
- All information is hidden from all users except those who have been given specific access.
- Only an FYI administrator can make changes to the security access to a client or disable security.
- If a user who is not an FYI administrator has been given Security access to client, they can access the Client - Security tab and see all the users who have been given access to that client. But only an FYI administrator can make any changes.
Client Security is only available for practices on the "Pro" plan.
Enable Security is initially set to "Off" for all clients.
To Set Client Security
For the relevant client on the Client - Security tab, as an FYI administrator click the Enable Security switch to set this "On".
This gives you access to client. At this point, only you have access to that client.
To give Access to Additional Users
- Click the Add User to Client link.
The Add/Remove Users pop-up displays.
- Click the minus icon next to the user(s) you want to give access to the Client to. This displays the green tick icon next to the relevant user(s).
- Click OK.
The selected user(s) displays.
The following example shows a client that can be accessed by selected users.
You can add or remove users who have access by clicking the Add User to Client link or remove by clicking the Remove icon next to the user's name. You cannot remove your own access.
You can switch Enable Security "Off" at any time. Switching it back on again will redisplay the users who had been given access.
Note: Client Security settings do not sync to the OneDrive folders. If Client Security is set for any clients, we recommend the OneDrive admin user also checks the Direct Access to the OneDrive folder for these clients and updates which users have access to the OneDrive folder. Refer to Step 3 - Give your Team Direct Access to FYI - Clients Folder in OneDrive in Link your Practice's OneDrive Admin Account.
User with Access who is not an FYI Administrator
A user has been given Security access to client, but who is not an FYI administrator will see the Client - Security tab and see the users who have been given access to the client, but cannot make any changes.