In the Clients list, you can use the Bulk Update to update Settings of selected or all clients.
You can first filter the Clients list and then use the Bulk Update to apply to the clients that are currently displayed. This can be used if you want to change settings for all clients in a specific Client Group. You can also filter clients with one or more Custom Fields by adding the Custom Field(s) as additional columns.
Bulk Update allows you to:
- Change the defaults for the Cabinet and Categories
- Set whether Send Attachments is set to "Email", "OneDrive" or "Postal Service"
- Set the Include in AutoFile to set if the selected clients are "Included" or "Excluded".
These are the settings that are applied to individual clients in the Client - Settings tab. Refer to Client Settings.
If any of the settings are not changed, this will keep the original setting in each of the selected clients. A message displays in the drawer as a reminder of this.
- If required, first filter the Clients list to display the clients you want to apply the Bulk Update to.
- Select one or more client in the Clients list.
- Click the Bulk Update button in the tool bar.
Bulk Update displays in the drawer.
- Apply to can be selected as the clients that have been selected in the Client list or as the filtered clients (if no filter has been applied, this will apply to all your clients).
- Select the setting you want to change for the selected clients. When you select a Cabinet, the relevant Categories display.
- Click Run.
Bulk Update "Unmatched" Clients as Archived
During migration, this may import some clients as "Unmatched" clients. You can use the Clients Bulk Update to archive these.
- On the Clients list, use the Status column to filter only "Unmatched".
- Select one or more of the unmatched clients in the list.
- Click Bulk Update.
When all the selected clients have a Status of "Unmatched", the Bulk Update includes the Archive option to set the clients as "Archived".
Only unmatched clients can be archived.
Refer also to Unmatched Client Import.