To edit documents that are stored inside of FYI, simply select the document and click Edit. The document will open in the Desktop or Online version of Office, based on your settings. Editing documents from within FYI ensures a complete audit trail is maintained. For more information, refer to Opening, Editing and Finish Editing Documents.
Watch this tutorial to learn how to:
- Open a document for editing
- Edit a workpaper
- Insert a link to another office document
- Select "I am Finished Editing" to check the document back in
- Preview the document in the drawer to review your changes.
Note: Documents cannot be edited if:
- They are being edited by another user (unless using in Co-edit, refer to Co-editing an Internal Document)
- The document is assigned to a read-only workflow state (refer to Workflow Basics).