Integrate FYI with ATO SmartDocs to import ATO documents into FYI.
To use the integration, you will need to obtain an FYI Access Key and Access Secret Key. This information will then be put into your ATO SmartDocs account to connect to FYI. ATO SmartDocs will then push documents to FYI.
This integration is available for FYI users on an Intermediate or Pro plan.
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group with Permissions enabled for Automations.
Connecting FYI with ATO SmartDocs
Step 1 - Obtain the Access Key ID and the Access Key Secret from FYI
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Click the Apps tab.
- In the ATO SmartDocs app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the ATO SmartDocs panel, click Create new secret. This will generate a new Access Key ID and Secret Key used to connect to FYI.
- The Access Key Secret will be displayed in a pop-up. Click the clipboard icon to copy the key and paste it to ATO Smart Docs or a secure location, for example, a vault.
Important: You will only be able to view the Secret key the first time this window is displayed. If the Key is required again, you will need to disconnect your integration and request a new Key before you reconnect your integration.
- Click Done once you have saved the Secret Key to a secure location.
- The Access Key ID will be displayed. Click the clipboard icon to copy and paste the information to ATO Smart Docs or a secure location.
- Optionally, you can select the Cabinet and Categories that will be used as the AutoFile Defaults if these have not been set up for the client.
Step 2 - Enter details into ATO SmartDocs
Your FYI details can be entered into the ATO SmartDocs application. For instructions, we recommend contacting iPractice Apps directly via email@example.com.
The account used to create the integration inside iPractice will be the account displayed in FYI when documents are filed, for example, the Modified By field.