- Easy access to preview an email or document with the Full Screen icon. Refer to Previewing an Email and Previewing a Document.
- Merge Fields codes in Email Template the Email are grouped into categories (for example, Client, Xero Tax, Xero Ledger). Refer to Creating Email Templates and Adding Email Signature Stationery.
- Sync button on Clients list. The synchronisation of clients in Xero Practice Manager with FYI runs automatically every 12 hours. If the synchronisation of clients ever needs to be run at any other times (for example, a new client has been added to or changed in Xero Practice Manager and needs to be available in FYI straight away) this can be done by any user from the Clients workspace by clicking the Sync button. This will only sync the clients.
- Inactive or deleted users are not included in selection drop-down lists such as the Assignee for a Task.
- Sending a document via OneDrive does not result in duplicated emails.
Ability to staple documents together. Refer to Stapled Documents and Document Lists.
When you select more than one document in a list, the Staple button displays. Refer to Selecting Documents in a List for details on how to select multiple documents and to Tool Bar Functions.
Added Knowledge workspace. The Knowledge workspace displays all the templates that have been set up for your practice. Refer to Knowledge Workspace.
As well as FYI adminstrators, users in a User Group that has Administer Knowledge enabled can also add new templates and make changes to templates. Refer to User Groups.
- Added option in Email AutoFile for Maintain thread filing state. When this is enabled for your practice, when the latest email in the thread has its filing state changed (filed/removed), this will apply that filing state to all previous emails in a thread. It is recommended to set this to "On".
Making a change to this setting will apply it from the time it is turned on/off and it does not back date changes. Refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions.
- In the Drawer, where a document is referenced in any of the Drawer sections, the link shows the document name as well as the hyperlink to the relevant document.
- Added the Open in XPM button to Clients - Summary in Contact Details to open the client in Xero Practice Manager. Refer to Displaying Documents and Information for a Client.
- The default filing is now to the to or from user of an email, and not a user in the CC.
- A new Share tab has been added to your My Settings. The Share tab is used to redelegate unfiled documents in your In Tray. This can use useful, for example, if you are going to be away and you need someone else to check and file or delete documents in your In Tray for you. You can select one ore more users to share your In Tray with. Refer to Individual Settings.
- When a Phone Call or Meeting is created, the description section pops out in the same way as the Preview pane so you can start making notes.
When selecting an existing Phone Call or Meeting, click the Preview tab to display the Phone/Meeting description. Refer to Creating a Phone Call Record and Creating a Meeting Record.
- Postal address has been added in Client details. This is on the Clients - Summary tab in the Contact Details. Refer to Displaying Documents and Information for a Client.
- The Jobs Workspace includes a ID column which displays the Job ID. You can search for a Job by its ID, by entering the ID in the Search Jobs filter. Refer to Using the Jobs Workspace.
- Quick Access to recently used Jobs.
You can click the down arrow next to the Jobs menu option from any of the lists or workspaces to select one of the last 20 jobs that you used. Refer to Jobs Workspace.
- In My Settings - Profile (refer to Setting Defaults and AutoFile Defaults for your Own Login), the toggle for an individual to set AutoFile Email Attachments is disabled if the AutoFile Email Attachments setting for your practice is set to "Off" *refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions).
- When creating a new document (with the + New button) the list of available templates will only show those that are relevant for the type of new document you are creating. Refer to Creating Documents from Templates.
- If a document is an attachment of another document, the parent document name is displayed in the Attachments summary section in the Drawer with a link to the document. Refer to Email Attachments.
- Where a document(s) is sent using DocuSign, the underlying document is automatically marked as sent. Refer to Refer to Digital Signatures using DocuSign.
- Added PDF as a template. This can then be used to create PDF documents. Refer to Creating Templates for PDF and Creating Documents from Templates.
- Two phone numbers can be held for a client, Phone Number and Mobile Number. Refer to Displaying Documents and Information for a Client.
- You can click the down arrow next to the Documents menu option from any of the lists or workspaces to select one of the last 20 documents that you used. Refer to Quick Access to Recently Used Documents.
- Added Role as a field in the User profile and as a Merge Field. Refer to Users and the articles in the section Practice Templates.
- Added Keywords to the filing details of documents when creating new documents or making changes for a selected document in the Drawer.
You can optionally enter one or more Keywords that can be used when searching for the document. This can be used when searching to locate groups of documents or locate documents where that text is not in any other part of the filing details.
If you have entered any Keywords in the Filing details of documents, you can enter all or part of this text in the Search field to find documents with that Keyword. Refer to Searching in Lists.
Also refer to Creating an Email from FYI, Creating Word Documents from FYI, Creating Excel Spreadsheets from FYI, Creating PowerPoint Presentations from FYI, Creating a File Note, Creating a Phone Call Record, Creating a Meeting Record
- The Comments icon displays next to a document in the lists when a comment has been added to the document. Refer to Document Lists and Adding Comments and Notifying Team Members.
- When Emails are filed into FYI, the Workflow is set to ‘Approved’ instead of ‘Not Started’. Refer to Clearing your In Tray, and Using the FYI Drawer in Outlook.
- The last Comment added to a Job is displayed in the Jobs workspace. Refer to Jobs Workspace and Using the Jobs Workspace.