Every time you create an email or document or modify an existing one, this is updated in your Home - My Edits. The document is added to you OneDrive FYI - My Edits and when you click I am finished editing, it is removed from both your Home - My Edits and from your OneDrive FYI - My Edits folder.
If there are no documents showing in your Home - My Edits (and therefore you have no documents open for editing) but there are documents showing in your OneDrive FYI - My Edit, we recommend the following.
- First, for the document(s) in question, check you have the up-to-date version(s) in FYI.
- If you do not have the up-to-date version(s) in FYI
After editing the documents via the Office desktop version, the edited documents are not syncing to FYI. Follow the steps below:
- Open the relevant Office application (Word, Excel or PowerPoint).
- In File - Open, check for any files in that application that are showing as Files Needing Attention.
Refer to the Microsoft article Files Needing Attention FAQ.
- From Files Needing Attention, you can open the file and re-save, or, you can discard the changes completely.
- Try editing a document again.
Note: Office Upload Center has now been depreciated and replaced with the Files Needing Attention function in the relevant Office application.
- If you have the up-to-date version(s) in FYI
You can delete the document(s) in the OneDrive FYI - My Edits.