There are documents showing in your In Tray and you are not sure where they have come from, or why they have appeared in your In Tray.
The following will give you more information on the documents:
- Add the Source column to your In Tray, or other lists. This shows where the documents came from (for example, "My Imports", "DocuSign", "Attachments AutoFile", "Client Upload"). Refer to Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in a List.
- Expand the Activity section of the document to see additional information. Refer to Viewing Activity on a Document.
The following are some possible scenarios:
- If a document is from DocuSign, ask an FYI administrator to check the connection to DocuSign and make sure it has been set up correctly (refer to Digital Signatures using DocuSign).
- If an email has been forwarded and you have been included as a CC this could result in you receiving the email.
- An internal user is set up as a Xero Practice Manager client and the email address of the FYI user is the same as the email address for a client in Xero Practice Manager. This could be, for example, where the internal user also uses the practice for their tax returns.
To correct this, change the email address of the client in Xero Practice Manager and set it as the person's personal email, not their work email.
Refer also to the FAQ Emails are not Filing Correctly.