We are renaming our practice and will have a new domain and new email addresses. How do we update our login details to the new addresses? It will be a total replacement email address.
Are there any implications for the FYI integration with Microsoft 365?
Unless you are creating a brand new account in Microsoft, the following is our recommended approach and nothing else should be needed in Microsoft 365:
- Change your domain in Microsoft 365.
- Update users' email addresses in Xero Practice Manager.
- The change then needs to be synced to FYI.
The sync can be run manually by an FYI administrator to update the email address straight away, or it will synced automatically overnight.
To run a manual sync of Xero Practice Manager users with FYI, this must be done by an FYI administrator. This will run the sync straight away rather than waiting for the overnight sync to update the changed emails.
Refer to Running a Manual Sync with Xero Practice Manager in Synchronising Clients, Staff, Jobs, Time, Tax Returns with Xero Practice Manager.
- Test that FYI is working.
Important Note: This will only update the email address where it has been updated in Xero Practice Manager. If a new user has been created and the old user deleted in Xero Practice Manager, this will not update the user record in FYI.
If you are moving from one Microsoft 365 Tenant to another:
- Update the users' email addresses in Xero Practice Manager.
- Then contact FYI support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to update the accounts in FYI.