You can remove access to the Share Folder and the Upload Folder for all users or for a specific user.
- To remove all access to the shared folders, this can be done from the Sharing Settings using the Delete Sharing button. Refer below to Removing Access for All Users.
- If you only want to remove access to the shared folders for certain users, this needs to be done directly in your OneDrive. Refer below to Removing Access for a Specific User.
- If you need to remove access to a specific document that you have shared using the Share button (for example if an incorrect document was shared) this needs to be done from your OneDrive. Refer to the article Removing Access to Shared Documents.
Removing Access for All Users
You can remove the user's access to the Share Folder and Upload Folder and to documents that were directly shared with users (with the Share button) by clicking the Delete Sharing button in the Sharing Settings.
- You cannot delete sharing if any documents are still in Client Co-edit.
First check in the Client - Collaborate tab for any documents that are in Client Co-edit, and click Finish Client Co-edit.
- From the Sharing Settings, click Delete Sharing.
- A message displays "Warning: this will disable sharing for all users and delete all shared documents for this client".
Note: Any documents that were shared individually (with the Share button) will still display in the Client - Collaborate tab but the client will not have access to them.
Removing Access for a Specific User
If you need to remove access to the shared folders for a specific user, due to Microsoft limitations, this cannot be done directly within FYI. This needs to be done by navigating to OneDrive and needs to be done by someone who has access to administer your practice's OneDrive.
Note: You need to remove access to the Share Folder and to the Upload Folder separately.
To assist with this, you can click X next to the relevant user.
This displays a pop-up which holds a link to your OneDrive.
In the text "More information on managing access can be found here", click the "here" link displays this help articl.
The following is an example of removing access for an individual user.
- Go to your practice's OneDrive folder.
- Go to FYI - Clients.
- Display the client name to remove access for.
- Click the information icon to Open the details pane.
- From the details pane, click Manage Access.
- Under the Direct Access section, click the X next to the user you wish to remove the access from.
- You are prompted to confirm.
- Repeat the above to remove access to the Upload Folder.
Note: You will also see a system generated email in the list of users with access (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org). This must not be removed. Refer to System Generated Email displaying in the Sharing Settings in Sharing the Share Folder with the Client.
Once Access has been Removed
Once access has been removed for a specific user, the user's name and email address is no longer shown in the Sharing Settings.
if the person tries to use the link, they receive a message "Sorry, you don't have access".