You can integrate FYI with The Gap to automatically import emails and documents from this third party app provider for your clients.
Connect The Gap to FYI
You need to obtain the FYI Access Keys that will be put into your firm settings in The Gap Portal to connect to FYI. The Gap Portal can then file emails, attachments and documents to FYI.
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI administrator.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In the The Gap app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In The Gap Integration panel, click Request..
- This displays The Gap Integration keys for FYI:
The Access Key ID
The Access Key Secret.
These keys will be used by The Gap to connect to FYI. You can click the clipboard icon to copy each of these and paste them into your firm settings in the Admin area of The Gap Portal.
- Optionally, you can select the Cabinet and Categories that will be used as the AutoFile Defaults if you do not select a client when filing an email or document from The Gap Portal to FYI.
FYI and The Gap recommend setting up a cabinet called Business Development that all documents and emails are filed to for easy search functionality.
For details on how to set up the integration in The Gap Portal, refer to The Gap's article FYI Set Up Instructions.