When opening a document in FYI to edit it, the following error displays:
'Sorry, we couldn't find "https://...". Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted.
Microsoft have made a change to OneDrive which is causing this error.
Users with OneDrive Version 2020 (Build 20.201.1005.0006) are affected by this issue
Refer to the Microsoft OneDrive release notes https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/onedrive-release-notes-845dcf18-f921-435e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb
If you want to check the OneDrive version you are running, it can be found by clicking the OneDrive icon in your laptop's taskbar. Refer to this Microsoft article that outlines finding the version https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/how-to-access-onedrive-settings-6173f176-fd9a-4a34-88f5-5646ec6f568b
The following workaround will correct this issue.
Note: This may be a temporary change and we will continue to monitor this.
- Open the OneDrive app on your desktop computer.
- From the OneDrive options menu, click Settings.
- In Microsoft OneDrive, go to the Office tab.
- To force Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and the other Office apps to always open the locally-stored versions of your files, uncheck the option "Use Office to sync Office files that I open."
- Click OK to save the setting.
Office 365 will now always open the copy of the file or document that’s stored locally on your PC.
For more information, refer to the Microsoft forum article https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_mac-mso_365hp/since-last-update-files-saving-to-onedrive-cloud/8cc8d398-ad53-4746-b258-dde91a87ba1e?messageId=9ff47f6d-330d-48a2-aa88-6f292c521985&tm=1598030791275