We are currently aware of occasional delays in the sync from Xero Practice Manager to FYI. These delays are being experienced across the syncing of Client and Job details.
All automatic sync requests are placed into a queue to process within FYI. Once processed the FYI platform requests the data from Xero Practice Manager and updates your practice data accordingly. When there are large numbers of sync requests, a queue backlog is created which affects our sync time frequencies.
To minimize a queue backlog for sync requests, please consider the following:
- Do not push the sync button multiple times. Each time this button is pushed it sends another request into the queue which decreases system response times.
- Update all Job States in FYI directly.
- Clicking sync will sync all Jobs/Clients, clicking sync for a limited view will sync only those items. Refer to Running a Manual Sync with XPM and Running a Sync from the Clients or Jobs List in Synchronising Clients, Staff, Jobs, Time, Tax Returns with Xero Practice Manager.
Please note that if you are renaming or deleting a Job States in Xero Practice Manager, these are not automatically updated in FYI. For details on how to archive, rename or delete a Job State in FYI, refer to Job States.
While we have limited control on the syncing process with Xero Practice Manager, we are currently developing enhancements to increase visibility and frequency on syncs including:
- Status notifications to show users where sync requests are up to.
- Prioritising different areas of the Xero Practice Manager sync to ensure that time sensitive updates are actioned over more stagnant changes.
- Increasing the availability to update details in FYI so that changes can be reflected immediately in Xero Practice Manager.