In a Jobs list, you can use the Bulk Update to update the State, Manager or Partner of selected or all jobs.
- Update of the Job State is available to all users.
- Update of the Partner or Manager is only available to an FYI administrator, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Edit Jobs (refer to Managing User Groups).
Note: Currently, only one of these can be updated at the same time.
Any changes are synced to Xero Practice Manager.
You can first filter the Jobs list and then use the Bulk Update to apply to the Jobs that are currently displayed. This can be used if you want to change settings for all Jobs for a specific Manager or Partner. You can also filter Jobs using one or more columns in the list.
If any of the settings are not changed, this will keep the original setting in each of the selected jobs. A message displays in the drawer as a reminder of this.
- If required, first filter the Jobs list to display the Jobs you want to apply the Bulk Update to.
- Click the Bulk Update button in the tool bar.
Bulk Update displays in the drawer.
If you are not an FYI administrator, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Edit Jobs, you will only have access to update the State.
- Apply to can be selected as the jobs that have been selected in the Jobs list or as the filtered jobs (if no filter has been applied, this will apply to all your jobs).
- Select the setting for State that you want to change for the selected jobs. Or if you have permission, you can select Partner or Manager.
- Click Run.
- A message displays when the update has completed. This shows a reminder that updates to your Practice Management system may take up to 15 minutes.
The pop-up includes a link to the Practice Activity page which can be accessed by FYI administrators, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Practice Activity. The Practice Activity shows a log of when the sync has completed and if there are any issues. Refer to Practice Activity.
- Click Close.
Note: Updates made to individual Jobs are normally synced to Xero Practice Manager immediately, unless there is delay due to traffic on the queue.