We are a new site and have migrated our historical documents, but I cannot find some of these.
Some of the metadata may be missing in a document and you are looking for documents under data that is not available for the document(s). For example, if you are looking by Client or Year, the documents may not have these, so they do not appear under that Client or Year.
Search for the document using different criteria and in a different way
- In the Documents list from the All view, search for the document Name.
- If you do not find a document, in the Documents lists you can add the column Source Path to show where the document has come from. Refer to Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in a List.
If you want to search on the Source Path, we recommend entering the full path, not just part of it.
- When you find the document, use the drawer to see where the document is filed.
If you cannot find a client
The client may have been imported as an Archived or Unmatched client. Documents for Archived or Unmatched are not displayed in the Documents list.
- In the Clients list, use the filter for the Status column to show "Archived" and "Unmatched" to check if the client is unresolved.
- If the client is showing, click the Name of the Archived or Unmatched client to open the workspace and display the Documents tab.
- You can resolve the client (refer to Resolving Unmatched Clients). Or you can file documents under a different client using the drawer or Bulk Update.
You can also use the Unmatched Client Import. Refer to Unmatched Client Import.
In the Clients list, you can include the Source column to show where the client was created from. Refer to Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in a List. This column shows the following:
- XPM - The client has been created/synced from XPM.
- Practice Sync - The client has been created/synced with the Generic Practice Management Software (refer to Integration with Generic Practice Management Software).
- Legacy - The client has been created from the migration process, but was not matched with a client in FYI. The unmatched client was created in FYI in the Refile function and then shows the Source as Legacy. Refer to Creating and Resolving Unmatched Clients in Implementors: Live Import.
If you still cannot find the document(s)
Take a screenshot of the source document and file path and send it to our team to review.