We recommend setting up your practice letterhead and email signature prior to going live with FYI.
- Your letterhead can be set up in FYI as Stationery
- You can set up a Default Email Signature that will automatically be applied when an email is created in FYI.
Note: If you are using our assisted onboarding services, the FYI Client Success team will help you to set up your practice letterhead and default email signature.
Setting up your Practice Letterhead
Your letterhead is set up in FYI as Word Stationery.
It normally features your company branding and generic text and uses Merge Fields to incorporate information such as today’s date, addressee, address, reference number, etc. and also the sign-off and sender details.
You may need to set up more than one version of Stationery for your practice, for example:
- Stationery for letters that are emailed.
- Stationery for letters that are printed out on practice letterhead
- Stationery for a team or division within a multi-disciplinary practice. For example, this might need to include licencing details or specific disclaimers.
Stationery can be created as a new template in FYI or by dragging and dropping an existing Word document on to the Knowledge - Templates list.
Refer to Creating Stationery for Word.
Setting up your Email Signature
You can set up a Default Email Signature that will automatically be applied when an email is created in FYI.
It is added as your Default Email Signature in your Practice Settings > Admin > Settings.
You can also set up Individual Email Signatures for any users that require specific information to be shown in their emails.
This email signature needs to be selected in the User Profile for each user. This can be done from the Practice Settings > Admin > Users.
Refer to Creating Email Templates and Signatures.
Setting up Templates
FYI is comes shipped with some sample Templates for commonly used emails and documents.
You can use these when getting started or create your own.
Templates are stored in FYI in Knowledge Cabinets.
The Templates tab provides access for standard users to view the Templates and to create emails and documents using Templates and Stationery.
This is also where an FYI administrator, or a user in a User Group with Administer Templates enabled, can create and edit Templates, Stationery and Email Signatures.
- Email Templates hold the standard text for the body of an email. They allow you to automatically create and file standard client emails - quickly and easily.
Refer to the section Templates and Signatures for Email.
- Document Templates are created and edited in the same way as creating any other Word document, Excel Spreadsheet or PowerPoint Presentation in FYI.
Refer to Creating Templates for Word, Spreadsheet or Presentation.