The following is an example of how to set up a Custom Process that uses a View and Summary Notifications.
This example sends out a notification when a client has uploaded documents to their OneDrive Upload Folder (refer to Sharing the Upload Folder with the Client).
Set up the View
This process needs a Documents view to be set up. In this example, it uses a View that has been saved with the name Client Uploads. For notification of client upload Notication This must include the following columns:
- The column Source filtered to show only documents with Source set to "Client Upload".
- The column Workflow filter to show only document with Workflow status of "Not Started"
Add the Custom Process
The following is the Custom Process.
- The Name has been set as "Client Upload - Import and Refile". This is included in the Notification in FYI and, depending on the users settings, in the email notification that is sent.
- The Trigger in the Process is set as as "Schedule".
- The Schedule has been set as "Every 2 hours" to run the process every 2 hours and the Start Date has been set.
- The Filter Type is set as "Documents - View Filter".
- The View is selected as the view that was created "Client Uploads".
- As no documents are created by the process, Inherit Job is uncheckmarked.
- When sending notifications that a client has uploaded a document, only one notification needs to be sent. So for this process, you would checkmark Run Only Once Per Document.
Add the Step to Alter the Document
The Alter Document Step is used to refile the document.
In the Filing section:
- Set the Name using the Merge Field "Original Filename"
- Change the Cabinet and any Categories as appropriate for your practice.
Add the Step to Set up the Notification about the Client Upload
There are two ways to notify users of the Client Upload.
- Add a Summary Notification step.
- Add a Comment to the Alter Document step.
Add Step 2 for the Summary Notification
Add another step and set up the Summary Notification.
Adding a Comment to the Alter Document Step
The following is an example of a Comment added to the Alter Document step. This will send a Comment Notification to the Manager and to a specific user. For information on adding Comments to Processes, refer to Automation Notifications.
Set the Status of the Process to "Active"
When you are ready, set the Status of the process to "Active".
Testing and Running the Process
When setting up a Custom Process, it is very important to test it to ensure it is working as expected. Refer to Testing Custom Processes.
When the Notification is triggered
When the process is triggered (either via a Comment or Summary Notification) the recipient receives the notification.
- Where the notification is sent via a Comment, clicking the link in the notification opens the drawer of the document that the client uploaded.
- Where the Summary Notification is used, clicking the link in the notification opens the Client Uploads view.
The Client Uploads view will grow as clients upload documents. When reviewing an uploaded document, team members should update the Workflow Status to "In Progress" to acknowledge they have reviewed it and to remove the document from the Client Uploads view. This can be done for the individual document or using Bulk Update. The workflow change ensures that the Client Uploads view only shows uploaded documents that require action. This is especially important where notifying users with the Summary Notification.