FYI can be integrated with digital signature providers DocuSign for digital signing.
The following describes how to set up FYI so that documents can be sent directly to DocuSign. For information on how to send a document for signature using DocuSign, refer to Digital Signatures using DocuSign.
This article contains the following sections:
- Using the Integration with DocuSign
- Connect your Digital Signature Account to FYI
- Configuring DocuSign to Upload Signed Documents
Using the Integration with DocuSign
To use the integration with DocuSign:
- You need to be a registered and subscribed user of DocuSign.
- DocuSign requires the Advanced Solutions plan. Refer to the DocuSign article eSignature Plans and Pricing to find out more about the pricing of DocuSign plans.
With DocuSign, a single subscription is all that is required to run e-signatures in FYI.
- An FYI Admin will first need to connect your DocuSign account to FYI.
- When connected, users can then send selected documents for signing from FYI using the Signature button.
Connect your Digital Signature Account to FYI
Your DocuSign account needs to be connected to FYI.
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In DocuSign app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the DocuSign Settings panel, click Connect.
- Enter the details of your account for DocuSign.
Note: It is important to set up the integration for DocuSign using the account that users will sign into DocuSign with if they need to edit the document in DocuSign after sending it for signing from FYI.
Once set up, the DocuSign Settings shows the Connected date and time, Account and the Authorized User.
Note: DocuSign is integrated with a single subscription which is normally set up by the practice administrator. This is the user who shows as the Authorised User in the Document App in FYI.
When users send documents for signatures, it will show the Authorised User as the sender and when the client reviews and signs the documents, it will be this Authorised User who is notified.
Configuring DocuSign to Upload Signed Documents
To set up DocuSign so that documents are dropped back into your practice's OneDrive so they can be brought in automatically to FYI, you need to set add the configuration to DocuSign. The configuration needs to be set in DocuSign to drop back signed documents into your practice's OneDrive in FYI - My Imports. In DocuSign, it is set up as Connect to OneDrive Configuration. Refer to the DocuSign help topics Connect and Connect for OneDrive Configuration for information.
The following is a summary of how to set this up.
- In DocuSign eSignature Admin, click Connect.
- On the Connect Configurations page, click ADD CONFIGURATION and select OneDrive.
- Add the Name of the connection (for example, "FYI - Your Practice Name").
- In Folder to Publish to, click BROWSE and select the destination OneDrive folders for this configuration.
- Select the folder FYI - My Imports.
Click Associated Users to enable this.
- Click ADD to save your configuration.
A message displays "You successfully added the configuration "FYI - Your Practice Name"