Xero are changing the way all third party apps integrate with Xero Practice Manager or Xero Tax.
This will increase data security, and forms part of Xero's continued implementation of new global security statements for app partners to meet the compliance rules that are being mandated by tax offices worldwide.
Due to this change, all FYI clients need to reconnect their integration with Xero Practice Manager before 31/03/2021.
This upgrade is a straight-forward, one-off action in FYI that needs to be done by an FYI admin who is also a Xero Administrator account.
Important Note: If this is not done by the due date of 31/03/2021, your integration between FYI and Xero Practice Manager will be cut-off.
No action is needed by other users.
FYI administrators will see the following message at the top of the FYI screen if the upgrade has not yet been done.
Authorising Third Party Access in Xero
In order to upgrade your integration between FYI and Xero Practice Manager or Xero tax, you must have:
- Administrator access in FYI.
- Administrator access in Xero Practice Manager.
- Enabled Full API Access Privileges - Authorise 3rd Party Access in Xero Practice Manager.
Note: This access only needs to be set for the Xero Administrator connecting FYI to Xero Practice Manager or Xero Tax, and is not needed for other users.
If you do not meet these requirements, you will see the error “You don't have access to connect to any Xero Practice Manager Accounts” when trying to connect FYI to Xero Practice Manager (refer to the FAQ Error “You don't have access to connect to any Xero Practice Manager Accounts” when connecting FYI to XPM).
Migrating the Xero Integration
- Log into FYI as an FYI admin who is also a Xero Practice Manager Administrator, with Authorise 3rd party Full Access enabled.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In the Xero Practice Manager app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- Click Migrate XPM Integration
You are now prompted to log in to Xero.
- Enter your log in details. This must be a Xero Practice Manager admin account.
Click Log in.
- Follow the prompts for any verification or to answer your security questions.
You are then prompted to allow access to FYI
- Click Allow access.
Note: If your Xero login has access to more than one Xero practice, you are prompted to select which one you wish to connect to FYI.
The FYI Automation Apps are re-displayed. When the connection has been upgraded, editing the Xero Practice Manager App displays as follows.
If you break the connection on the Xero side, you can use the Reset Connection to repair it manually.
Important Note: After upgrading the connection, if the Xero Administrator account who did the upgrade needs to be made inactive or deleted, please first contact the FYI Support Team at email@example.com.