If you need to reset the connection between FYI and Xero Practice Manager, first take into consideration the following factors about the user who resets the connection:
- The user should be a long term user of FYI and Xero Practice Manager and FYI into the future as the connection is dependent on their active status in both Xero Practice Manager and FYI.
- The user needs to have 3rd party application rights assigned. They must have Full API Access Privileges - Authorise 3rd Party Access enabled in Xero Practice Manager. If they do not, an error displays. Refer to "You don't have access to connect to any Xero Practice Manager Accounts” when connecting FYI to XPM.
Note: This access only needs to be set for the Xero Administrator connecting FYI to Xero Practice Manager or Xero Tax, and is not needed for other users.
- User must have Administrator access in FYI.
- User must have Administrator access in Xero Practice Manager.
Important note: If you have more than one account for Xero practice Manager (such as for branches in different cities) when the user is connecting FYI they need to ensure that they are connecting to the correct Xero Practice Manager when prompted by Xero to authorise the connection. Connecting to the wrong account will cause the wrong data to sync and it will be difficult to correct.
Resetting the Connection for Xero Integration
- Log into FYI as an FYI admin who is also a Xero Practice Manager Administrator, with Authorise 3rd party Full Access enabled.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In the Xero Practice Manager app, click the cog icon to edit it.
Maintain Jobs in FYI
Maintain Jobs in FYI is set as default to "Off"
When Maintain Jobs in FYI is set as "On", the Sync button is not available in the Jobs list and in the Client - Jobs tab in the Client workspace. This disables the option for users to manually Sync Jobs and ensures that any changes made to Jobs in FYI, such as the Job State, are not updated back to the original state in Xero Practice Manager if a manual Job Sync is requested before the change in FYI has been updated to Xero Practice Manager.
To Reset the Connection
- Click Reset Connection.
You are prompted to log in to Xero.
- Enter your log in details. This must be a Xero Practice Manager admin account.
Click Log in.
- Follow the prompts for any verification or to answer your security questions.
You are then prompted to allow access to FYI
- Click Allow access.
Note: If your Xero login has access to more than one Xero practice, you are prompted to select which one you wish to connect to FYI. Ensure you are connecting to the correct Xero Practice Manager.
- Perform a manual sync of Jobs, Clients, Staff and Xero Tax Returns. Refer to Running a Manual Sync with Xero Practice Manager in Synchronising Clients, Staff, Jobs, Time, Tax Returns with Xero Practice Manager.
Important Note: After resetting the connection, if the Xero Administrator account who made the connection needs to be made inactive or deleted, please first contact the FYI Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.