FYI can be integrated with digital signature providers Adobe Sign - Enterprise, for digital signing.
The following describes how to set up FYI so that documents can be sent directly to Adobe Sign Enterprise. For information on how to send a document for signature using Adobe Sign, refer to Digital Signatures using Adobe Sign.
This article contains the following sections:
Using the integration with Adobe Sign
To use the integration with Adobe Sign:
- You need to be a registered and subscribed user of Adobe Sign.
Adobe Sign requires the plan Adobe Enterprise. Refer the Adobe Sign article Adobe Sign plans and pricing to find out more about the pricing plans of Adobe Sign.Important note:
You can only connect Adobe E-Sign to FYI if you own the Adobe E-Sign account.
This excludes the Adobe E-Sign functionality offered by Xero in relation to Xero Tax.
With Adobe Sign, a single subscription is all that is required to run e-signatures in FYI. We also provide the option for you to have separate accounts for separate users.
An FYI Administrator will first need to connect your Adobe Sign account to FYI.
Users can then send selected PDF documents for signing from FYI using the Signature button.
Connect your Digital Signature Account to FYI
Your Adobe Sign account needs to be connected to FYI.
- This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI administrator.
- The user who does the connection with Adobe Sign must be an Administrator on Adobe Sign.
- Log in as an FYI administrator who is also an Administrator on Adobe Sign.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In the Adobe Sign app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the Adobe Sign Settings panel, click Connect.
- Sign in and follow the prompts.
If Adobe does not respond correctly, you will need to use a private tab in your browser (incognito) to get Adobe to respond correctly. For example, to launch InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer, click on Settings - Safety - InPrivate Browsing, or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+p.
Once connected, you will be redirected back to FYI’s Apps tab. To confirm that connection, click the cog icon in the Adobe Sign app to re-open it.
You will see the connected date and time, as well as an option to disconnect.
For Adobe Sign, you can set the Assign documents to individual users switch to allow for multi-users of Adobe Sign.
- When Assign documents to individual users is set to "Off" there is only one shared account for everyone to use.
- Set Assign documents to individual users switch to "On" when you have multiple accounts in Adobe Sign. When sending a document it will show under the user's Adobe Sign account, so when a user sends a PDF for signing it will show under the documents that user sent.
Note: Only enable this if all users that will be sending documents have an account setup on Adobe Sign. If this is enabled, and the user does not have an account tries to send a document for signature, they will see an error "'user's email address' not available in AdobeSign".