From the Clients list, an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Edit Client, can use the Merge function to merge documents from one or more client to the selected "Merge To" client.
This can be used to merge clients of any Status, that is, clients that are Active, Archived or Unmatched (from the Migration process).
- The documents from the selected clients are merged into the client that is selected as the Merge To Client. In the Activity section of the drawer of the documents, this shows the original client.
- When the documents have been Merged:
- Any clients that are from your practice management software are not removed. These are clients from Xero Practice Manager or GreatSoft. They remain in FYI with the same status (Active or Archived).
- Any clients that have a Status of "Practice Sync or "Legacy" are removed. These are clients created/synced with the Generic Practice Management software or are Legacy clients created from the migration process, but was not matched with a client in FYI (refer to Integration with Generic Practice Management Software and Implementors: Live Import).
In the Clients list, the Merge button displays when more than one client is selected.
- Any Tasks that are assigned to the client that is being merged from are not reassigned to the to client. First check if there are any Tasks relating to this client and reassign them using Bulk Update to the new client before running the Merge. Refer to Tasks Bulk Update.
- Check if there are any Automation Processes that are still in progress that could relate to the client being merged from. Either wait for these to complete or stop them. Refer to Stopping a Process that is in Progress in Automation History.
- In the Clients list, include any columns, set any filters or search criteria as relevant.
- Select the clients you want to Merge.
- Click Merge.
- In the Merge Clients drawer, select the Merge To Client. This is the client that the documents from the other selected clients will be merged into.
- When the Merge To Client is selected, this displays the clients that will be merged.
- Click Apply.