From the Clients list, you can use the Merge function to merge documents from one or more client to the selected "primary client".
This can be used to merge clients of any Status, that is, clients that are Active, Archived or Unmatched (from the Migration process).
- The documents from the selected clients are merged into the client that is selected as the Primary Client. In the Activity section of the drawer of the documents, this shows the original client.
- When the documents have been Merged:
- Any clients that are from your practice management system are not removed. These are clients from Xero Practice Manager or GreatSoft. They remain in FYI with the same status (Active or Archived).
- Any clients that have a Status of "Practice Sync or "Legacy" are removed. These are clients created/synced with the Generic Practice Management Systems or are Legacy clients created from the migration process, but was not matched with a client in FYI (refer to Integration with Generic Practice Management Systems and Implementors: Live Import).
In the Clients list, the Merge button displays when more than one client is selected.
- In the Clients list, include any columns, set any filters or search criteria as relevant.
- Select the clients you want to Merge.
- Click Merge.
- In the Merge Clients drawer, select the Primary Client. This is the client that the documents from the other selected clients will be merged into.
- When the Primary Client is selected, this displays the clients that will be merged.
- Click Apply.