The following are the guidelines if you need to export some of your FYI data in the event of a practice merger or split. We recommend you also contact FYI support at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this before exporting.
This article contains the following sections:
- Set up the configuration structure for the Bulk Export
- Decide how you will be exporting the data
- Run the Bulk Export from the Practice Settings - Documents - Export
Set up the configuration structure for the Bulk Export
This can only be run by an FYI Admin. For full details, refer to Step 1 - Set up the Configuration Structure for the Exported files in Bulk Export .
Decide how you will be exporting the data
Using the Bulk Export, you can export data for a specific Partner and/or a specific Cabinet.
- Export by Partner exports documents for clients where the selected user is held as the Partner for the Client.
To check the documents that will be exported if you are going to export using the selection for Partner:
- Include Partner as a column in the Clients list and filter on the relevant user.
- Include Partner in the Documents and filter on the relevant user.
- Export by Cabinet exports documents that are in a specific Cabinet.
You may need to refile the documents you want to export into a separate Cabinet.
- In the Documents list, check the Cabinet you will be exporting to ensure only the documents you want to export are included.
- To refile any emails and documents to the Cabinet you will be exporting from, use Bulk Update from the documents list (refer to Bulk Updating of Filing Details).
Refer also to Step 2 - As relevant, move Documents to be exported to a specific Cabinet, and/or check the user assigned as the Partner for the Documents in Bulk Export.
Run the Bulk Export from the Practice Settings - Documents - Export
Refer to Step 3 - Run the Export in Bulk Export.