The Unmatched Client Import can be used:
- As an alternative way to resolve or merge unmatched clients, especially where you have a lot of unmatched clients.
- To update unmatched clients to the relevant active client using the Client Name or Client Code and to archive the unmatched clients in bulk.
This article contains the following sections:
- Summary of the Unmatched Client Import
- Preparing the Unmatched Client Import
- Running the Unmatched Client Import
Summary of the Unmatched Client Import
The Unmatched Client Import process uses an Excel spreadsheet as the import template. This spreadsheet can be requested from your Onboarding Consultant.
- In the spreadsheet, you add the unmatched clients that you want to match to an active client and you add the Client Code and Name of the active client to match them to.
- The process will automatically match the unmatched client to an active or archived client and files the associated documents to the respective client.
- The process can also be used to automatically archive the unmatched client. This is done by additionally entering in the spreadsheet the name you want the client to be shown as when archived. If this differs to the unmatched client name, the process updates the name of unmatched client name and then automatically archives the unmatched client.
- Where the process cannot automatically match the unmatched client to an active client (if the information for the active client is not entered in the spreadsheet, or the active client name does not exist) no changes will be made to the unmatched client.
To run the Unmatched Client Import, your practice must have nominated a OneDrive Admin Account User. Refer to Link your Practice's OneDrive Admin Account.
Preparing the Unmatched Client Import
- Request the spreadsheet Unmatched Client Import template from your Onboarding Consultant.
The spreadsheet holds the following columns:
Column A Unmatched Client Name Column B Client Code Match Column C Client Name Match Column D Create Archived Client
- Export a list of your unmatched clients in FYI.
In the FYI Clients list, use the Status column to filter only "Unmatched" clients. Then use the Export view tool to export the unmatched clients to a .csv file (refer to Exporting Lists).
- Update the Unmatched Client Import spreadsheet as follows:
Important Note: Do not change the order of the columns or the column names in the spreadsheet. If they are changed, the process will not be able to complete the auto-match.
a) Remove any examples that are already in the spreadsheet.
b) In Column A, add the unmatched Client Names.
c) In Column B, add the Client Code of the active client that you want to match the unmatched client to.
Column B can remain blank if Client Codes are not available.
d) In Column C, add the Name of the active client that you want to match the unmatched client to. This should match client's name from Xero Practice Manager.
e) In Column D, if you want the unmatched clients to also be automatically archived, enter the name you want the archived client to be created as.
Leave Column D blank if you do not want the unmatched client to be archived.
- Save the spreadsheet as a .csv file with the filename Unmatched
Running the Unmatched Client Import
Step 1 - Select the OneDrive Admin Account to Use
The first step is to connect the OneDrive Admin Account to use. This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI administrator. This OneDrive Admin Account is used for all the common activities across the practice. Refer to Link your Practice's OneDrive Admin Account.
Step 2 - Enable the Practice Sync Process
- Login into FYI as an FYI administrator.
- Click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In Practice Sync, click the cog icon to edit this process.
- Set this to "On" to enable the Practice Sync.
Step 3 - Add the folder "FYI - Practice Sync" to the OneDrive
- In a separate session/profile, login to OneDrive as the user you specified when linking the OneDrive Admin Account in FYI in Step 1 above.
- In the OneDrive for this account, create a folder called FYI - Practice Sync.
This folder needs to be at the top-level within the OneDrive.
Step 4 - Add the unmatched.csv file to the "FYI - Practice Sync" folder
Add the unmatched.csv file to the FYI - Practice Sync folder.
File is Picked up by FYI
The system will automatically import the spreadsheet to your FYI and automatically update the unmatched clients within the hour.
Send your Onboarding Consultant an email who will confirm the upload has been completed.