For practices setting Exclude External Emails as "Off" in their Email AutoFile Settings, we recommend that you use the Import CSV function to import email addresses and domains that should be excluded in the auto-filing logic. This allows you to add the email addresses and domains in bulk from a .csv file. Refer to Email AutoFile Settings, Exclusions and Practice Filing Defaults.
Preparing the .csv file
First, prepare a .csv file with the email addresses and domains you want to import.
At the bottom on this article is a spreadsheet that you can use to start your list of exclusions.
An FYI administrator can also use the Draft Filed view of the Documents list to check any email addresses or domains of emails that are being imported by the Email AutoFile, but users have not filed from their In Tray. Refer to FYI Administrator view of all Users' In Trays.
Save the file as .csv (comma separated values).
Importing the .csv file with the exclusions
- Log in as an FYI administrator, or a user who belongs to a User Group that has been given access to Administer Automation.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option and go to the Apps tab.
- In Email AutoFile, click the cog icon to edit this.
- Display the Exclusion tab.
- Click Import CSV.
- Select the .csv file that holds the email addresses and domains you want to import.
A message displays as the email addresses and domains are imported and the results display in the list on the Exclusion tab.
Any email addresses and domains that are already in the Exclusions are ignored.
Click the link below to download a sample spreadsheet of some exclusions that practices can use to start their exclusion list.