FYI can be integrated with the digital signature provider myprosperity.
The following describes how to send a document for signature using myprosperity. For information on how to set up the integration, refer to Integration with myprosperity.
Sending a Document for Signature
Step 1 - Add a client to myprosperity
Before a document can be sent for signature, the client must be added to myprosperity.
- From myprosperity, click the Clients menu on the left-hand sidebar.
- Click Client list.
- Click the Add clients button on the top-right of the list.
- Click Add clients from integrations.
- Click FYI Docs.
- Enter the name of the client to search your FYI clients.
- Click the client's name.
- Depending on your practice preferences, update the Entity if required.
- Click Add.
Step 2 - Send a Document for Signature
All documents sent for signing must be a PDF. Only a single document can be sent at a time for signing via myprosperity.
- In FYI, on a list, select a PDF document.
- Click the Signature button in the toolbar. Or, right-click and select Signature from the toolbar pop-up menu (refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar).
- The Send for Signature drawer displays and includes the name of the document that is being sent. This shows the filing details of the FYI Web Link document that will be created as a record of the document(s) that have been sent for signature.
The Service used is automatically determined by the service you are using to sign the document (for example, DocuSign, Adobe Sign, Annature, FuseSign or myprosperity). If you happen to have more than one service connected, you will see a selection for Service in the Send for Signature so you can select which to use.
- The Client name is automatically selected.
In the Workflow, the Status is automatically set as "Pending Client Signature".
Include Reference can be set as "On" or "Off".
Every document in FYI has a unique reference number and FYI uses this reference number in the filename when bringing the signed document back into FYI (see below).
When Include Reference is set to "On", this reference number is automatically included in the file name of the document that is uploaded.
- Select the Service Status as "Draft" or "Send".
Send allows you to completely automate the signature request and it is sent to the service immediately.
Draft allows you to create a draft request within the service. You will then need to go into the service to complete the request and send it. This may be useful if you want to change the email sent or send the request to more than one person to sign.
- Click Create. The underlying document(s) are automatically marked as sent.
A Web Link document is created to record the document(s) that have been sent for signature. The document has the Source set as "myprosperity".
When sending a document with the Service Status as "Send", the original document shows as a thread under the Web Link document. You can display the Drawer for the Web Link and see the relevant documents in the Threads section of the Drawer. Threads for documents display in the same way as email threads. Refer to Managing Email Threads.
Errors sending documents
Errors may occur in FYI if the client hasn't been created in myprosperity. This is a manual step and must be completed before the document is sent for signature. Refer to Step 1 - Add a client to myprosperity.
If the client is missing from myprosperity, you may encounter either of the following errors in FYI:
- Failed to send
- Could not find myprosperity client information, ensure clients have been synchronised.
Step 3 - Opening the Web Link document
When you open the Web Link, you are prompted to log in to the digital signature provider. The Manage screen displays from where you can see the document(s) that were sent for signing either in the Draft or Sent screen according to whether you selected "Draft" or "Send" as the Service Status.
Step 4 - When the Document is Signed in myprosperity
When the document is signed by the client using myprosperity, it will be sent back to FYI and threaded with the Web Link.
Making Changes to the Draft PDF Document in FYI
Once a document is set as Draft for a signature, it automatically creates a Web Link and does not show as a PDF in FYI. If you need to make any changes to the PDF:
- In the Web Link, unlink the document in the Thread section of the drawer by clicking the Unlink icon next to the PDF (refer to Unlinking a Document from the Thread in Managing Email Threads).
- Delete the Web Link document.
Note: Deleting the web link will also remove the original unsigned PDF from FYI.
- Edit the document and recreate the PDF file.
- Resend the PDF for signing.
Note: To edit the document, you need to have an Approval Level of "Approval" to be able to change the Workflow Status from "Pending Client Signature" to a previous Status. Refer to Workflow Basics and to Managing Users.