FYI can be integrated with digital signature providers myprosperity for digital signing.
The following describes how to send a document for signature using myprosperity. For information on how to set up the integration, refer to Integration with myprosperity.
This article contains the following sections:
- Sending a Document for Signature
- Opening the Web Link document
- Making Changes to the Draft PDF Document in FYI
- When the Document is Signed in myprosperity
Sending a Document for Signature
- All documents sent for signing must be a PDF.
Note: Currently only single documents can be sent for signing via myprosperity.
- In FYI, on a list, select a PDF document.
- Click the Signature button in the tool bar. Or, right-click and select Signature from the tool bar pop-up menu (refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar).
- The Send for Signature drawer displays and includes the name of the document that is being sent. This shows the filing details of the FYI Web Link document that will be created as a record of the document(s) that have been sent for signature.
- The Client name is automatically selected.
In the Workflow, the Status is automatically set as "Pending Client Signature".
Include Reference must be set to "On". Every document in FYI has a unique reference number and this is automatically included in the file name of the document that is uploaded. FYI will use this reference number in the filename when bringing the signed document back into FYI (see below).
- Select the Service Status as "Draft" or "Send".
Send allows you to completely automate the signature request and it is sent to the service immediately.
Draft allows you to create a draft request within the service. You will then need to go into the service to complete the request and send it. This may be useful if you want to change the email sent or send the request to more than one person to sign.
The Service used is automatically determined by the service you are using to sign the document (for example, DocuSign, Adobe Sign, Annature, FuseSign or myprosperity). If you happen to have more than one service connected, you will see a selection for Service in the Send for Signature so you can select which to use.
- Click Create. The underlying document(s) are automatically marked as sent.
A Web Link document is created as a record of the document(s) that have been sent for signature.
The document has the Source set as "myprosperity".
When sending a document with the Service Status as "Send", the original document shows as a thread under the Web Link document. You can display the Drawer for the Web Link and see the relevant documents in the Threads section of the Drawer. Threads for documents display in the same way as email threads. Refer to Managing Email Threads.
Opening the Web Link document
When you open the Web Link, you are prompted to login in to the digital signature provider. The Manage screen displays from where you can see the document(s) that were sent for signing either in the Draft or Sent screen according to whether you selected "Draft" or "Send" as the Service Status.
Making Changes to the Draft PDF Document in FYI
Once a document is set as Draft for a signature, it automatically creates a Web Link and does not show as a PDF in FYI. If you need to make any changes to the PDF:
- In the Web Link, unlink the document in the Thread section of the drawer by clicking the Unlink icon next to the PDF (refer to Unlinking a Document from the Thread in Managing Email Threads).
- Delete the Web Link document.
- In the PDF, using the Workflow section of the drawer, change the Workflow Status to "Not Started".
- Edit and save the PDF document.
- Resend the PDF for signing.
Note: To edit the document, you need to have an Approval Level of "Approval" to be able to change the Workflow Status from "Pending Client Signature" to a previous Status. Refer to Workflow Basics and to Managing Users.
When the Document is Signed in myprosperity
When the document is signed by the client using myprosperity, it will be sent back to FYI and threaded with the Web Link.