The following are some end of financial year tasks that need to be actioned inside FYI to ensure you are ready to go from 1 July.
New option for the Year Category
If it has not already been added, you will need to create a new option in the Year category for the upcoming year.
To do this:
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, then select Documents.
- Go to the Categories tab and a list of Categories displays.
- Choose Year.
- Click the Add Option to Category link and enter the new year. If required, move the new year to the top of the list.
- Click Save.
Refer to Managing Categories.
Update Filing Defaults Settings
The Filing Defaults for Clients, Users and for your Practice Setting need to be updated with the new year. If your practice is not using Filing Defaults across all three of these, you only need to update those in use.
When updating the year for Clients and Users Filing Defaults, consider whether they all use the same Cabinet or if different Cabinets are assigned. If they are different, you will need to add the Cabinet column to the Clients and Users lists and filter or select the Clients and Users by Cabinet before using Bulk Update.
Using Clients Bulk Update, the year can easily be updated for all clients.
- If required, first filter the Clients list to display the clients you want to apply the Bulk Update to.
- Select one or more client in the Clients list.
- Click the Bulk Update button in the tool bar. Bulk Update displays in the drawer.
- Select the relevant Cabinet and then choose the new year under the Year.
Select any other relevant Categories as required.
- Apply to can be selected as the clients that have been selected in the Client list or as the filtered clients (if no filter has been applied, this will apply to all your clients).
- Click Run.
Refer to Clients Bulk Update.
The Client Filing Defaults can also be updated at an individual client level.
- Open the Client
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Update the Year category.
Users Filing Defaults can be updated in bulk by an FYI administrator.
- Select one or more users in the Users list.
- Click the Bulk Edit.
- Select the Cabinet, Year and any other relevant categories.
- Apply to gives you the option to choose selected users or filtered users currently displayed in the User List.
- Click Run.
Refer to Managing Users.
Alternatively, users can update their Filing Defaults from Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- From FYI, Settings > My Settings.
- Go to the Documents
- In the AutoFile Defaults, update the Year.
FYI administrators , or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations, can update the practice’s Filing Defaults.
This is accessed from Automation - Apps.
- Click Email AutoFile.
- Navigate to the Defaults
- Update the Year.
- Click Close.
Templates and Automations
You will need to review email and document templates to check if the new year needs to be updated in the template body and/or AutoFile defaults.
Automations should also be reviewed to see if the filing names and filing details need to be updated.
Refer to Process Step Details and Examples.
If you need to complete any Jobs, you can use the Jobs Bulk Update function to change the State. Refer to Jobs Bulk Update.