The FYI Browser Extension allows you to upload and file online PDF documents, that have been generated by external sources, directly from your Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser to FYI. This allows you to upload and file the PDF to FYI without having to first download it. From the open online PDF, you can access the FYI Browser Extension and use this to enter the filing details for the PDF and file it in FYI.
Note: To file a document in FYI with the FYI Browser Extension, the document needs to be hosted in the cloud. You cannot use the FYI Browser Extension if the PDF is on your local drive.
You need to first install the FYI Browser Extension.
This article contains the following sections:
- Microsoft 365 administrator - Permissions Requested
- Installing the FYI Browser Extension
- Using the FYI Browser Extension
- Filing PDF Documents using the FYI Browser Extension
Microsoft 365 administrator - Permissions Requested
We recommend that practices have a Microsoft 365 administrator install and log into the FYI Browser Extension for the first time. When logging in, they are able to approve the permissions for all users in the practice. This saves users having to do this individually when installing.
When installing, the Microsoft 365 administrator needs to ensure that they checkmark
Consent on behalf of your organization.
Installing the FYI Browser Extension
- Download the FYI Browser Extension from the Google store by clicking the following link:
You need to click Allow extensions from other stores at the top of the browser.
Then click Allow.
- For either Chrome or for Microsoft Edge, click Add to Chrome.
- When prompted Add FYI? or Add FYI to Microsoft Edge?, click Add extension.
- The extension is downloaded and automatically installed.
When finished, in Chrome, the following displays.
In Microsoft Edge, the following displays.
Using the FYI Browser Extension
The FYI Browser Extension icon displays at the top of the Chrome browser.
- Click this to login.
Currently, when using the extension for the first time, a permissions message displays and you need to accept this. In the future, this will be changed so you FYI administrator can accept this for your practice.
- You are prompted to log in with your Microsoft 365 login.
- A confirmation displays that you are signed in to FYI.
If you do not see the FYI Browser Extension
If you do not see the FYI Browser Extension, in Chrome check it has been pinned for quick access.
Click the Chrome Extensions icon, then click the Pin icon next to the FYI Extension.
Filing PDF Documents using the FYI Browser Extension
For details of how to file PDF document using the FYI Browser Extension, refer to Filing PDF Documents using the FYI Browser Extension.