The FYI Browser Extension allows you to file a PDF document that you have opened online in a Chrome browser. To file a PDF document in FYI with the FYI Browser Extension, the document needs to be hosted in the cloud.
The FYI Browser Extension does not currently work with Microsoft Edge and you will not be able to login to FYI Browser Extension. Until the issue is fixed by Microsoft, use Chrome as the browser.
This article contains the following sections:
- Using the FYI Browser Extension for a Document in the Cloud
- Filing a PDF Document to FYI from the FYI Browser Extension
Using the FYI Browser Extension for a Document in the Cloud
- To use the FYI Browser Extension , you need to have first installed it Refer to FYI Browser Extension. When you have installed it, the FYI Browser Extension icon displays at the top of the Chrome browser.
- To file a PDF document in FYI with the FYI Browser Extension, the document needs to be hosted in the cloud.
If you try to use the FYI Browser Extension for a PDF that is on your local drive, the following message displays "Extension does not work for local PDFs".
To file a document on your local drive in FYI, you can use a function such as Drag and Drop, Upload, import via your FYI - My Imports. Refer to the articles in the section Importing Documents to FYI.
Filing a PDF Document to FYI from the FYI Browser Extension
- Open the PDF that is in the cloud from the Chrome browser.
- Click the FYI Browser Extension icon.
The Import drawer opens and the initial Filing Defaults are offered in the same way as in FYI.
Note: If Import drawer with the filing options does not come up when you first open a PDF in the cloud, reload the browser page (by pressing F5 or clicking the Reload icon).
If you are not already logged in, you are prompted to login with your Microsoft 365 login.
When you are logged in, if the following confirmation displays that you are signed in to FYI, reload the browser page (by pressing F5 or clicking the Reload icon).
Enter or Change the Filing Details in the Import Drawer
- Select the Client. This may change the Filing Defaults in the same way as in FYI.
- Enter the filing details for the PDF as required.
- The Name is set as default from the name of the PDF document, this can be changed if required.
- In the Advanced section you can set additional options such as the Owner, Filing and Workflow status. If you set Filing status as "Draft" the document will go to the owner's In Tray. You can set Remember Selection to keep the settings in the Advanced section for the next PDF you file.
- Click Create to file the PDF in FYI as a PDF document.
When the file has been uploaded, a message displays. This includes a link that you can click to display the document in FYI.
If the Import Drawer does not display
If you have an issue where the Import drawer does not display when you have logged in, it is likely that you have the Adobe Acrobat Extension running. When the Adobe Acrobat Extension is running and Adobe Acrobat Extension has the PDF open, FYI cannot retrieve it with the FYI Browser Extension.
You need to disable the Adobe Acrobat Extension which will then allow the PDF to be filed with the FYI Browser Extension.