The FYI Browser Extension allows you to file a document that you have opened online in a Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser. To file a document in FYI with the FYI Browser Extension, the document needs to be hosted in the cloud.
To use this, you need to have first installed the FYI Browser Extension. Refer to FYI Browser Extension. When you have installed it, the FYI Browser Extension icon displays at the top of the Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser.
Filing a PDF Document to FYI from the FYI Browser Extension
- Open the PDF that is in the cloud from the Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click the FYI Browser Extension icon.
The Import drawer opens and the initial Filing Defaults are offered in the same way as in FYI.
Note: If Import drawer with the filing options does not come up when you first open a PDF in the cloud, reload the browser page (by pressing F5 or clicking the Reload icon).
If you are not already logged in, you are prompted to log in with your Microsoft 365 login.
When you are logged in, if the following confirmation displays that you are signed in to FYI, reload the browser page (by pressing F5 or clicking the Reload icon).
Enter or Change the Filing Details in the Import Drawer
- Select the Client. This may change the Filing Defaults in the same way as in FYI.
- Enter the filing details for the PDF as required.
- The Name is set as default from the name of the PDF document, this can be changed if required.
- In the Advanced section you can set additional options such as the Owner, Filing and Workflow status. If you set Filing status as "Draft" the document will go to the owner's In Tray. You can set Remember Selection to keep the settings in the Advanced section for the next PDF you file.
- Click Create to file the PDF in FYI as a PDF document.
Note: The extension will not detect a local copy PDF opened in a browser. An "Extension does not work for local PDFs" error will appear in these instances.