Each Job holds a State, such as "In Progress", "Planned", "On Hold".
FYI includes a function so that an FYI administrator can map Job States to how the States display and are used in FYI. This allows you to select the colour coding of how they show in FYI, and also nominate which of the Xero Practice Manager States you use in your practice to indicate a "closed" job.
This article contains the following sections:
- Displaying and Managing Job States in FYI
- Changing the Sequence in which Job States show in FYI
- Archiving a Job State in FYI
Displaying and Managing Job States in FYI
To display and manage the Job States in FYI.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, then select Documents.
- Go to the Job States tab.
A list displays the Job States your practice has defined in Xero Practice Manager.
To show the Archived Job State in the selection, click Unhide the archived states.
To hide the "Archived" Job States in this list, click the Hide the archived states button at the top.
Type - For each State, the Type determines what should be defined as an 'open' job or a 'closed' job in FYI. This is used when displaying jobs in lists to hide closed jobs.
- Any of the States used by your practice that are considered to be 'open' should be mapped to the FYI type of "Standard" or "On Hold".
This would be, for example, for states such as In Progress, Planned, Running, On Hold.
- Any of the States used by your practice that are considered to be 'closed' should be mapped to the FYI type of "Completed" or "Cancelled". This would be, for example, for states such as Lost, Cancelled.
'Closed' Jobs (that is, Jobs with a State that is mapped to the FYI type of "Completed" or "Cancelled") are not shown in selections and are hidden in the Jobs workspace by default.
In the Jobs list, you can show closed jobs by clicking the Hide the closed jobs button to disable it.
To show closed jobs in the selection, click Unhide the closed jobs.
- If a Job state is removed in Xero Practice Manager, you can set the FYI Type to "Archived" so it is not included in any filters.
Hide from Board - For any Jobs States that you do not want to see in the Jobs Board, set this to "Yes". Refer to Using the Jobs Board.
Colour - You can set the colour in which the State displays in Job lists. You can use a system such as "Green", "Amber" or "Red", or use any of the other colours such as "Blue", "Grey", "Silver", "Teal", "Black".
Note: FYI can only sync job data, including Job States, for "current" jobs, that is for jobs in Xero Practice Manager where the "State Type" is "Standard". Therefore, when jobs are initially synced to FYI, a State will only be imported if it is allocated to any current jobs . If there are no current jobs for a particular State, that State will not be initially imported to FYI.
Changing the Sequence in which Job States show in FYI
The sequence in which the Job States show in Setting determines the sequence in which they display in the State drop-down (when changing the State) and also the order in which they display from left to right in the Jobs Board (refer to Using the Jobs Board).
You can drag and drop the Jobs States to change how you want to present them.
Archiving a Job State in FYI
To archive a Job State in FYI, select the Type as "Archived".
If any jobs still have that State selected, the jobs will still appear in the Jobs list. But the archived Job State is hidden from filters so users will not be able to select it when filtering the Jobs list with the State column.