In order to complete your initial setup of FYI, you will need to:
- Confirm the User Groups you will need in FYI and set up any new groups that may be required.
- Confirm all Active Users, assign them to a relevant Cabinet and Permission Group and add relevant profile information for each user.
- Complete the setup of your FYI account.
Setting up User Groups
User Groups define access to cabinets and permissions in FYI and are assigned to users. This defines which document and administration functions each group of users can access.
User groups can be set up to contain settings for Cabinet Groups or Permission Groups, or both – which displays as All.
Cabinet Groups are the filing structure for documents such as Correspondence, Workpapers or Client Files. Whilst Permission Groups represent functions in FYI such as access to Templates, Knowledge Cabinets and Automations.
To get you started, FYI provides default User Groups with the following structure.:
- Standard Users
- Access to all cabinets except for Partner Files and Practice Admin
- No access to permissions.
- Admin (for your FYI Administrators).
- Access to all cabinets
- Access to all permissions.
You can configure additional User Groups and Permission Groups as required. For example, you may wish to setup a User Group for Partners who may need access to a Cabinet that will hold sensitive information; and a Permission Group for your Admin team to access Templates and Knowledge Cabinets.
Review how you want to group your users according to the security levels for how they can access documents and functions in FYI and set up the User Groups you require.
Refer to Managing User Groups.
Confirming Active Users
Users are imported from your Practice Management Software and set as Active Users in FYI.
You can create users directly within FYI if required, for example, for your IT support person.
When creating or maintaining users in FYI, it is important to assign the relevant Cabinet and Permission group to define which document and administration function this user can access.
The user profile contains important details for each user including role and qualifications which flow through to their email signature. This is also where you select a personal email signature, if it differs from the practice default signature.
Select the name of the Partner associated with the user. This allows the user to use the Show documents of Clients for My Partner function, and display documents for all Clients that are assigned to the Partner.
The documents section in your user profile defines the approval level and filing defaults for each user. The filing defaults will be applicable if they have not been set up at a client level.
Refer to Applying Your Filing Defaults before deciding on setting filing defaults at the user level.
Review your FYI users to ensure they are:
- Flagged with their correct status of Active or Inactive
- Assigned to their relevant Cabinet and Permission Group to finalise their document security permissions
- Updated with relevant profile information including Role, Qualifications, Email Signature, Primary Partner, Default Cabinet and Approval Level.
Refer to Managing Users.
Completing the Setup of your FYI Account
To ensure FYI transitions from your trial period through to go-live smoothly, confirm or update your billing details. All plans are billed monthly in advance.
Check or update your billing details via the Accounts tab in Profile > Practice Settings > Admin
For details on maintaining Users, User Groups and Account details, refer to Practice Settings Admin.