When you create an email in FYI, you can apply practice templates, delegate tasks and send immediately or save as a draft to leverage workflow functionality.
This example also shows you how to Preview an email created in FYI so you can see how the contents of your Email Signature looks.
Step 1 - Creating a New Email in FYI
- From FYI, click the + button in the menu bar and select Email from the list of document types.
Note: As shown on the list, you can also simply press the shortcut key E for a new Email.
- The Drawer displays on the right-hand side.
- Select a Client - if you are testing, you might like to file it to an internal client.
Make any other selections and complete the filing details.
If you need to change or add to the Recipients, this is done by clicking the Recipients link under the Client.
Select a Template - if one or more have been uploaded, choose a template from the drop-down (or leave this field empty for a blank email).
Enter a Name for the email (this will prefill if a template has been selected, but you can edit as required).
The Cabinet will populate based on the Template's Filing Defaults (the AutoFile Defaults section in the Template). Review the cabinet and edit as required.
In Save or Send you have the option to select:
- Draft in FYI - the email will display in the Editor where you can make any edits
- Draft in Outlook - the email will send your email to your FYI - Drafts folder in Outlook
- Send Immediate - will send the email immediately.
Note: Your Email Signature will contain Merge Fields which will only update when the email is sent. You can check how these will populate using the Preview (see below).
- To view the email and make any changes in the Editor prior to sending, in Save or Send select Draft in FYI.
- Click Create.
Step 2 - Previewing the Email in FYI
In the Email Editor, click Preview to view how the email will look when sent, including the Merge Fields in your email signature.
The email opens in a new browser tab.
When you want to send the email, at the top of the Editor, click Send Immediately.
For more information about creating and sending emails, refer to Creating an Email in FYI.