This custom process sends out a summary notification to the relevant Owners of the documents when documents have been received from a signing service with the status set as "Client Signed". The notification can also be set up to notify the relative Manager and/or Partner for the client.
This custom automation has been created by the FYI team, ready to be imported to use in your practice.
Importing this Custom Automation
Click here to download the file used to import this example Custom Process, ready for you to test and activate or customise to suit your practice (or download the file from the bottom of this article).
Note: If you are using Chrome as your browser, the link may not automatically download the zip file. You need to right-click on the download link above, select Copy link address and paste it into a new browser tab in the browser's URL field.
When you have downloaded the file you can import the Custom Process. Refer to Importing Custom Processes and Importing Custom Processes using Drag and Drop.
Creating the Custom Process
The following sections detail how to create this Custom Process directly, without using the Import feature.
- Create the Documents List View that will Trigger the Process
- Add the Custom Process
- Add the Step for the Summary Notification
- Set the Status of the Process to "Active"
- Testing and Running the Process
- When the Summary Notification is triggered
Create the Documents List View that will Trigger the Process
This process needs a view to be created. This will be used to trigger the Custom Process and as the source of the notification.
Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in the Documents Lists
Sorting and Filtering Documents Lists
Saving Changes to the View Layout, Modifying and Deleting Views.
For this example:
- Include the Workflow column in the view.
- Filter the Workflow column on "Client Signed"
Save the View, for example, as "Workflow - Client Signed".
Add the Custom Process
The following is the Custom Process.
- The Name has been set as "Client Signed Notification". This name is included in the Notification in FYI and, depending on the user's settings, in the email notification that is sent.
- If required, add any additional description of the Process in the Description.
- The Trigger in the Process is set as "Schedule".
- No documents are created for this process, therefore Inherit Job is unchecked.
- The Schedule has been set, for example, as "Every hour" to run the process every hour and the Start Date has been set.
- The Filter Type is set as "Documents - View Filter".
- The View is selected as the view you have created, for example, "Workflow - Client Signed".
- When sending notifications that a signed document has been received, and no further action such as setting another workflow status would usually be required, you would set this so the users are only sent emails or notifications once about the document. So for this process, you would checkmark Run Only Once Per Document.
Add the Step for the Summary Notification
The following shows the Step for the Summary Notification.
- For Notify User, this has been set to select the Owner of the document.
The view, for example, "Workflow - Client Signed" that is used to trigger the process includes the Owner column so you can select Document Owner as the Notify User.
- If required, add a Custom Message that displays below the link in the notification and in the notification email.
If required, you can set up additional Steps, for example, to notify the relative Manager, or the Partner, for the client when a signed document is received.
Set the Status of the Process to "Active"
When you are ready, set the Status of the process to "Active".
Testing and Running the Process
When setting up a Custom Process, it is very important to test it to ensure it is working as expected. Refer to Testing Custom Processes.
When the Summary Notification is triggered
When the Summary Notification is triggered, the Owner receives a notification. Depending on the user's settings, this will also get sent as an email.
The email shows the number of emails and documents that the Owner is being notified of. If the process has also been set up to notify the Manager and/or Partner the relative user will also receive a notification for the clients they are assigned to.
For examples of the notification and the email, and how the link is used, refer to Summary Notification in Reviewing and Approving Emails and Documents.