The following is an example of how to set up a Custom Process that uses a View and Summary Notifications. This example sends out a summary notification to the relevant Owners of the documents when documents have been received from a signing service with the status set as "Client Signed". The notification can also be set up to notify the relative Manager and/or Partner for the client.
Set up or Determine the View to use
This process needs a view to be created, for example, "Workflow - Client Signed". This will be used to trigger the Custom Process and as the source of the notification. Refer to Saving Changes to the View Layout, Modifying and Deleting Views.
Add the Custom Process
The following is the Custom Process.
- The Name has been set as "Client Signed". This name is included in the Notification in FYI and, depending on the users settings, in the email notification that is sent.
- The Trigger in the Process is set as as "Schedule".
- No documents are created for this process so Inherit Job is uncheckmarked.
- The Schedule has been set, for example, as "Every hour" to run the process every hour and the Start Date has been set.
- The Filter Type is set as "Documents - View Filter".
- The View is selected as the view you have created, for example, "Workflow - Client Signed".
- When sending notifications that a signed document has been received, and no further action such as setting another workflow status would usually be required, you would set this so the users are only sent emails or notifications once about the document. So for this process, you would checkmark Run Only Once Per Document.
Add the Step for the Summary Notification
The following shows the Step for the Summary Notification.
- For Notify User, this has been set to select the Owner of the document.
- The view, for example, "Workflow - Client Signed" that is used to trigger the process includes the Owner column so you can select Document Owner as the Notify User.
If required, you can set up additional Steps, for example, to notify the relative Manager, or the Partner, for the client when a signed document is received.
Set the Status of the Process to "Active"
When you are ready, set the Status of the process to "Active".
Testing and Running the Process
When setting up a Custom Process, it is very important to test it to ensure it is working as expected. Refer to Testing Custom Processes.
When the Summary Notification is triggered
When the Summary Notification is triggered, the Owner receives a notification. Depending on the users settings, this will also get sent as an email. The notification and the email show the number of emails and documents that the Owner is being notified of. If the process has also been set up to notify the Manager and/or Partner the relative user will also receive a notification for the clients they are assigned to.
For examples of the notification and the email, and how the link is used, refer to Summary Notification in Reviewing and Approving Emails and Documents.