AccountKit is a suite of admin, compliance and consulting tools for accountants to make their cloud-based practice more efficient, and give insights to start bigger conversations with their clients.
Overview of the AccountKit Integration
When AccountKit is integrated with FYI you have access to functions such as the following:
- Link source documents in FYI such as contracts, invoices and loan agreements to AccountKit tools. For example, you could link a finance contract in FYI to the Equipment Finance Tool in AccountKit.
- Import and file various AccountKit reports into FYI.
- Navigate directly from AccountKit to the applicable client in FYI.
- Browse documents by Client Group in AccountKit.
- Using the Export to function in AccountKit, import reports, client maps and schedules into FYI from AccountKit.
When integrating with AccountKit, no additional team members are needed to connect, all clients are automatically mapped to clients in FYI, All security and permissions in FYI (for Clients, Cabinet and Categories) are automatically applied to information accessed in AccountKit.
Note: Any updates made to clients in AccountKit do not sync directly to FYI. For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, changes are synced to Xero Practice Manager and then synced to FYI.
The FYI Integration with AccountKit is available to all users on Pro Plan and you must hold a current subscription for AccountKit. To find out more, visit AccountKit.
Connecting AccountKit to FYI
To connect AccountKit to FYI, you need to:
- Obtain the Access Key ID and the Access Key Secret from FYI.
- Add them to the Integrations tab in AccountKit.
Step 1 - Obtaining the Access Key ID and the Access Key Secret from FYI
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group with Permissions enabled for Automations.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In the AccountKit app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the AccountKit Integration panel, click Create new secret. This will generate a new Access Key ID and Secret Key used to connect to FYI.
- The Access Key Secret will be displayed in a pop-up. Click the clipboard icon to copy the key and paste it to AccountKit or a secure location, for example, a vault.
Important: You will only be able to view the Secret key the first time this window is displayed. If the Key is required again, you will need to disconnect your integration and request a new Key before you reconnect your integration.
- Click Done once you have saved the Secret Key to a secure location.
- The Access Key ID will be displayed. Click the clipboard icon to copy and paste the information to AccountKit or a secure location.
- Optionally, you can select the Cabinet and Categories that will be used as the AutoFile Defaults if these have not been set up for the client.
Step 2 - Adding the FYI Access Key ID and Access Key Secret into the Integrations tab in AccountKit
For information on adding the FYI Access Key ID and Access Key Secret in AccountKit, refer to Initial Setup (FYI) in the AccountKit help article Document Management System (DMS).
Once connected, you will be able to display FYI documents in AccountKit and upload documents from AccountKit to FYI.
For any AccountKit questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Uploading documents to FYI from AccountKit
Users are able to import reports, client maps and schedules into FYI from AccountKit.
In AccountKit, from Actions, select Export to, then choose DMS. Once users complete the filing details, the document will then be imported into FYI and available for further actions such as linking to workpapers or Workflow approval.
The following is an example of exporting documents to FYI from AccountKit.