I have a document that I opened using Edit with FYI Desktop and it has been syncing for a long time. It is only a small document. I have logged out and back and checked that the document is not open.
This may have been caused by the following:
- You have installed FYI Desktop App on a computer (for example, your computer at work) and enabled FYI Desktop App.
- You have then selected to open a document from a different computer on which FYI Desktop App is not installed (for example, your computer at home). The document was opened either by clicking Edit when FYI Desktop is set as the default method, or by selecting Edit in FYI Desktop from the drop-down for the Edit button. The document would not have opened because the FYI Desktop App was not installed on that computer.
- You then clicked "I am finished editing" in FYI.
In this scenario, FYI cannot find the original document and so it will be in a continued state of syncing.
If this situation occurs, you will be able to force the editing of the document to stop in FYI. Refer to Force Stop Editing in Opening, Editing and Finish Editing Documents with FYI Desktop App.
In the future
- Ensure you have FYI Desktop App installed on all computers on which you will be opening documents via FYI Desktop App.
- Ensure that you are logged into FYI Desktop App when opening a document. If you are prompted to login, always ensure that you click Yes.