We have made a change to how email attachments are handled by AutoFile in FYI. When AutoFile is enabled for a practice, attachments will be automatically imported based on your AutoFile rules.
The following options have been removed:
- Save Attachments Separately setting in Automation - Apps - Email AutoFile
- AutoFile Email Attachments in My Settings for each user
Why the change was needed
The Microsoft email API only allows for attachments to the retrieved by our application when receiving the email. This means that if a user wants to file an attachment in the future, they could not access the attachment and instead got an error. The change we have made ensures seamless access to attachments even if they are not immediately filed.
What this means
1. Draft filed attachments
- Depending on your settings, draft filed attachments will appear in your In Tray for the first time.
- You can choose to file the attachments or delete them directly from your In Tray in the same way as emails.
- Deleted attachments can be retrospectively filed from the email if you change your mind in the future.
2. Autofiled attachments
- If AutoFile Else In Tray is enabled and an email is autofiled, any attachments will be autofiled as well.
All other features of email filing from the Outlook drawer are unaffected.
We will be soon releasing another enhancement giving users the choice to hide draft attachments in their In Tray to replicate the previous experience.