If you need to migrate data from a practice that is splitting from one MYOB file into two FYI accounts, for practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, you can request to use the feature in the FYI Migrate app that only brings in files if it finds a client that matches in Xero Practice Manager. This is a hidden feature that needs to be enabled on demand.
When this feature is enabled:
- It only migrates files for matching clients in Xero Practice Manager.
- It does not automatically create an Unresolved Client (which normally does happen for and MYOB site).
Activating the Option to only brings in files for a client that matches in Xero Practice Manager
In order to activate this option, the implementor must:
- Send a request to email@example.com. A separate request should be sent for each practice and must show the practice name and include an active email address.
- Ensure that, for both practices, Xero Practice Manager is set up with only the relevant clients from MYOB.
- For Archived clients:
- Ensure that any archived clients are archived in MYOB
- Ensure that the archived clients are active in Xero Practice Manager. This ensures that the documents for archived clients will then be migrated as they match to a client in Xero Practice Manager.
- Run the migrate for both practices with this feature enabled on separate PCs.
When run as recommended above, the imports can be run in parallel.
Once documents have migrated
Unmatched clients would not be generated in FYI as there is no client to match with.
When the documents have been migrated:
- Archive any clients that were unarchived for the migration in Xero Practice Manager
- Run the sync in FYI to archive these clients in FYI.
The client is then archived in FYI and the documents are now held against the archived client in FYI.
This will result in only the correct documents coming into the correct FYI and will treat any archived clients from MYOB as archived in XPM.
Note: This method will only bring across documents that match to a client and if a client is unable to be matched then they will not import into FYI.