This article covers the following scenario:
Practice A uses FYI and has been purchased by Practice B. Practice B does not have FYI but is starting a new FYI account.
- Practice A has Xero Practice Manager and FYI
- Practice B has Xero Practice Manager but does not have FYI
- Practice B is starting a new FYI account
- Data is being merged from Practice A into Practice B
Determine if you are keeping the same email address, or adopting a new email address and Microsoft Account
FYI requires a unique email address and Microsoft login to be able to access FYI.
If you are keeping the same email account and same Microsoft Login in the new Xero Practice Manager:
- Export data first - refer to Exporting Data for a Practice Merger or Split and Bulk Export.
- De-active user in Xero Practice Manager. Refer to the Xero help article https://central.xero.com/s/article/Disable-and-delete-staff-accounts.
- Delete the current FYI users in Practice A who require their users email address to be freed up to flow through to the new FYI of Practice B.
- Perform a manual sync in FYI for Practice B.
If you are adopting a new email account and Microsoft Login in the new Xero Practice Manager
Add the new user in Xero Practice Manager and it will sync to FYI for the new account.
Note: The user who will be initiating the export from Practice A needs to be kept as an active user in FYI for practice A so that user has access to the extracted data. This user may need to update their Xero Practice Manager email address to a .onmicrosoft.com account to allow for their Xero Practice Manager user email to flow through into FYI for Practice B.