There may be occasions where you need to logout of the FYI Desktop App, for example if you are on a shared computer login, or if you have access to more than one FYI instance with different emails, or if you are asked by our Support team to logout of the app.
There is currently no logout functionality built into the FYI Desktop App. If you need to logout of the FYI Desktop App, use the step below.
- Before closing the FYI Desktop App, first check where the FYI Desktop App was installed.
When you installed the FYI Desktop App, you are required to confirm the location of where the FYI Desktop document files are stored. By default this is:
"C:\Users\Username\Documents\FYI Desktop" but this may have been changed when originally installed.
To confirm where your FYI Desktop document files are stored. right-click on the FYI Desktop application in the application tray and click Settings.
Make a note of the path that shows in the dialog box for Documents Path.
- Exit the FYI Desktop App
Right-click the FYI Desktop icon that displays in your Windows taskbar at the bottom of your screen.
The FYI Desktop icon is removed from your Windows taskbar.
- In the Windows Search bar, search for
Click Open file location.
- Delete the file %appdata%\FYI Desktop\settings.json
Then restart the FYI Desktop App and login again as follows:
- Windows Search bar, search for "FYI Desktop".
This will find the App FYI Desktop
- Press Enter to start the App.
- In the FYI Desktop dialog that displays, ensure that the Documents Path is the same as when FYI Desktop was initially installed (as in step 1 above). If you have not used the default for Documents Path this will need to be changed to the relevant location.
- Click Save.
- When prompted to login, click Yes.
The FYI Desktop icon displays in your Windows taskbar.