We have a client who does not have an email address. and we want to send a document through FYI to our signing service to be signed. When I select the client in the Send for Signature I get a message "'ClientName' does not have an email".
This could be in the case if the client will come into the office to sign it (for example, as "DocuSign In Person Signing"). Or we may want to select another email address to send it to.
The following solution is when using DocuSign as your signing service.
- Add a dummy email address to the client in your practice management software.
- Send the document for signature using DocuSign.
- Follow this DocuSign help article https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-in-person-signing
- The signed document will then be filed back in FYI.
The following solution is when using Adobe Sign, Annature or FuseSign as your signing service.
If there is an email address that you can use:
- Click the link that displays as 0 Recipients under the Client field.
- Select the email address as relevant.
Refer to Adding and Changing Recipients when Creating an Email.
If there is no email address that you can use:
- Add a dummy email address as above.